MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

Went to change tires out and noticed that there's an arrow on the rear wheel:

Since the wheel can only be mounted in one direction, why the need for the arrow?

My arrow is pointing in the WRONG direction. Is if just my bike? I have F3 2013. Thanks.

·
Vendor
5,280 Posts
Careful with the tyre fitters also,they can use that arrow as tyre direction.Don't ask me how I know.:jsm:

·
Administrator
19,517 Posts
You may also notice the arrow is accompanied by torque specs......there is a reason for that arrow but not related to the tire as the others have pointed out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well I had a new Dunlop Sportsmart 2 fitted today and the plonker fitted it the wrong way "because of the arrow" they treated my like a stupid customer and wouldn't change it because they were right. I walked out and went to another shop and they confirmed the direction of rotation and checked against photos and refitted it for free. They did ask about the arrow too but accepted my reasoning regarding rotation direction. I wish I had seen this thread yesterday.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I`ve had a couple of tyres fitted backwards and now put tape over the arrow and relabel for tyre rotation. putting it on backwards is one thing but then refusing to change it deserves a public naming.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Cus is right , even if you might have been behind the times not knowing that the arrow is to show you which way the nut gets undone, they're arsehole for not fixing they're shit. Name them and shame them man.

·
Super Moderator
22,066 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just to make direction of travel obvious, I always put a nice big arrow on the brake disc with a texta showing direction of travel. So far, so good.
Doesn't work on single-sided swing arm MV's - brake disc isn't attached to the wheel..

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Cus is right , even if you might have been behind the times not knowing that the arrow is to show you which way the nut gets undone, they're arsehole for not fixing they're shit. Name them and shame them man.
I use the business for work a lot so I'm reluctant to shame them too badly but if ever you're in Heyfield Vic make sure you know your shit if you're riding anything other than a Suzuki.

However Mitch at Triple M Repairs in Sale Vic is a top bloke :f4:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm not a tech or an engineer but how, regardless of any arrow on a wheel, does someone not know the tire's direction of travel? :wtf: Or am I missing something here.
We know because we know which side the tyre is mounted on the bike. Others may not and get sucked in by the arrow.

My issue was that I knew it was wrong and they wouldn't change it.

On another note the same shop knocked paint off my front rim yesterday so they've lost me as a private customer :jsm:

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
Why?

I keep telling you folks......

A the dealership it's the lowest paid guy that changes tires...

The pimply faced kid that spends half the day smoking dope out behind the dumpster

And when he's not changing tires, he does the PDIs

That's why things get fucked up:stickpoke:stickpoke

:wtf::wtf:

:popcorn:

·
Vendor
5,280 Posts
When my tyre was fitted the wrong way,the shop "ripped" it back off and re-fitted it.Well that tyre lost 10psi a week,they must have damaged the bead.:jsm:Now I tell them straight up ignore the arrow (sticker) and go by the arrow cast into the rim.So just be careful and tell the shop straight up the correct direction.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I take loose wheels in to get three changed, use my mates garage and know the tyre guy really well. I also put a couple of strips of masking tape on the rims with rotation of wheel marked in marker pen. It all helps. Try that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts