MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a 55mm socket made for Duc 1098 on a F4/Brutale rear wheel removal? How well does the socket fit the MV wheel nut? I'm inquiring because I'm considering whether to take my Brutale for tire change at local Ducati dealer and whether I should buy an MV-specific socket for the Duc dealer to use to change the tire. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
You can but the tool everywhere. They are always for sale on ebay. I recommend you just buy one and do it your self. If you do, remember the nut is on VERY tight and it is REVERSE thread.

CAG

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
358 Posts
Ozboy said:
You will need a mate to sit on the bike to stop her toppling over ... yes the nut is that tight.
I have had the rear wheel off my bike probably 5 or 6 times and never had anyone help, or sit on the bike. I usually put it in gear so the rear wheel does not turn, then lock the front wheel by wrapping a bungee cord around the brake lever so the bike can't roll. Then just use a long breaker bar and apply lots of slow, steady pressure until it comes loose.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
The older I get the worse my memory gets. The emoto one is aluminum I think. The one I have is steel. I thought I got it from shiftech, maybe not.

CAG

·
Registered
571 Posts

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Speedymoto! That's it. Shift tech, speedy moto... close enough. The one from speedy moto is steel. It works great. I recommend you buy a short 1-4 inch 1/2 drive extension for it. Obviously, you need a 1/2" flank drive wrench.

CAG

·
Registered
158 Posts
The Ducati nut doesnt fit 100% on MV, be carefull, the making has 2b conical as the original rear whell nut is !
we produce the mv nut since years, here you go ...2/1 for rear and front

Dealers for this are pyrate for the US or emoto for the UK or alex for france or us :) at mvf4.com
rgds
diego

·
Registered
114 Posts
I switch out my wheel / tire assy's for most track days, I have (2) sets of wheels / tires. I all so use a milled aluminum socket similar to speedy moto, I think I got it from performanceparts.de . I use a breaker bar with a 4 foot extension ( hydralic jack handle ), than I long screw driver, pry bar, to lever the rear brake "on" using the foot peg. This way its a one person job, the nut comes loose easily with a "pop" as the nut breaks loose from the taper surface on the wheel.
For the front wheel you must buy sockets, (2), as sold by the vendor above to break the axle nut loose and retorque it. DO NOT be tempted to use a cresent wrench, you will butcher the nut or axle flanges.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts