MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
I bought a genuine MV Special Parts mid-pipe for less than the non MV Mid Pipes advertised.

Check with your MV dealer to see what their prices are.

·
Registered
798 Posts
awiner said:
I bought a genuine MV Special Parts mid-pipe for less than the non MV Mid Pipes advertised.

Check with your MV dealer to see what their prices are.
I called my dealer to look into this because I could not find a MV Corse midpipe for the Brutale 910 on the online catalogue. I have not heard anything yet.

·
Registered
180 Posts
750s Dyno chart

Here's My 750s output: :grin:
Mod's include, Arrow midpipe, BMC filter, power commander.
The blue line indicates above mod's before custom mapping was carried out.

Attachments

·
Registered
798 Posts
721, looks like there was a big change down low and seemed to smooth things out. Did you notice any improvement in gas mileage with the new map?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hello all,dyno runs and mapping now complete and my baby now makes 118.88hp and 56.43 max torque all at rear wheel,+-15% loss to drivetrain so making about 139 at crank,not bad for link pipe and powercommander.I will scan the dyno sheet as soon as I can. :naughty:

·
Registered
114 Posts
a little off the subject...

a little off the subject but but is there a chip/mod/remap ect to get better mileage? I've had my 750 now for a few weeks, love it. But would love a little more than 100mi/tank....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Adrian206 said:
a little off the subject but but is there a chip/mod/remap ect to get better mileage? I've had my 750 now for a few weeks, love it. But would love a little more than 100mi/tank....
I hear you. I've got one season on the 750 so far and it runs beautifully. However, fuel consumption is an issue: 19mpg in town, 25 on backroads. Not that I bought a Brutale to save money on gas, but the maximum range is a mere 110 miles or so - which is a little embarrassing on group rides.

The chip developed by Brad Black for Moto One in Australia promises about a 30% increase in mileage, so I ordered one. I fitted it last weekend and was able to squeeze in a quick ride before the weather here in New England turned back to winter (!). First impression is that the bike runs just as well as it did with the stock chip. No flat spots, no apparent loss of power. As soon as I go through a couple of tanks, I'll report the mileage.

More info on the Moto One chip here:

http://www.moto-one.com.au/performance/brutale750eprom.html

·
Registered
180 Posts
fuel consumption

A power commander & custom mapping will see better fuel consumption. After some spirited riding, I would get about 170k's before the fuel light came on. I now see atleast 190k's

·
Registered
114 Posts
re: chip

Did you have the throttle position sensor work done? (as in the link above) Does it run any different? And is there any danger of the motor running hotter due to the leaning out? Bunch of questions hey?

PS Love the bike, can't get enough of looking at it/hearing it/driving it... :naughty:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Adrian206 said:
Did you have the throttle position sensor work done? (as in the link above) Does it run any different? And is there any danger of the motor running hotter due to the leaning out? Bunch of questions hey?
I simply installed the chip and planned to get the bike re-tuned later if there were problems. Somebody might correct me on this, but my understanding is that the TPS isn't affected by a chip swap and would only need to be adjusted if it were out of whack already. Ditto for the throttle body synch. Since I'm only a thousand miles or so beyond the initial service and the bike has been running great, I figured I was in good shape. The idle CO% should probably be checked, but so far the bike seems to run just as well as it did before the swap.

The possibility of the motor running hotter with a leaner mixture did occur to me. So far I haven't noticed any difference, but then the weather here was only in the high 40s yesterday. However, I'm not too worried. If you look at any of the Power Commander maps posted online, you'll see they take out a *ton* of fuel in the midrange. I haven't heard of anyone with a PC experiencing significantly higher engine temps.
Adrian206 said:
PS Love the bike, can't get enough of looking at it/hearing it/driving it...
+1 on that!

·
Registered
88 Posts
First Dyno Run with Eprom Chip, BMC & Midpipe

Here's my first Dyno run, with these bike modifications - 2004 Brutale 750 S
- BMC Airfilter (Ferracci)
- Mid pipe (Pirate's Lair), Stock MV cans
- Moto One MVB02 Eprom (from Brad in OZ, thanks)
I also have Power Commander installed but for now running a ZERO map.

HP seems a little light at 108.6 compared to some others that claim 114-118 with this setup.
The air/fuel map shows it on the RICH side, the dyno tuner indicated that 13.2 would be a good target across the board, I'm in the low 12's, although I keep hearing that these bikes need to run rich.?

I too have the slight dip at the 8000-9000 range, like ALL the other dyno charts I have seen.

I did the eprom install, the TPS reset, throttle balance etc myself all as per Moto-Ones notebook information. A great resource thanks Brad and a must if you want your bike to run silky smooth. The only special tools I needed was my digital voltmeter and a Twinmax carb balancer.

The general running has improved immensly. When I originally ran it with the Power Commander (before the Eprom chip change) it was OK, no hestiation down low, but sounded noisy, a little lumpy and fuel mileage consistantly 80 miles exactly to reserve (22mpg), no matter city or highway. I have not done a fuel comsumption test yet. The Eprom change & TPS setup has really made it a different bike.

Think I will leave it alone for a bit and get some riding in and consumption stats, before I fiddle with the PCIII map.

Attachments

21 - 33 of 33 Posts