MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble with the stand. It is extremely tight going in and I can hardly remove it. I've tried grease and WD40 but nothing seems to loosen it up. This started after I got caught in a rainstorm, but I've cleaned the bike from top to bottom and even the inside of the axle tube. It's like something has expanded or schrunk or something like that.

·
Registered
450 Posts
The grease and the WD 40 actually swell the plastic. Most have shaved the piece on a lathe, but be careful not to remove too much. That stand was really only made for shipping, not day to day use.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
The "shipping stand" blows. Best after market stands, price and performance wise? I'm sure Number2 might want to know. --I'd like to replace mine one day.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The Ducati Performance stand (made by FG at that time) works very well for me and I've since tossed the factory stand into the storage shed.

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,076 Posts
That stand was really only made for shipping, not day to day use.
That is not correct. The owners manual calls for using the stand for regular maintenance. When in the crate the stand is strapped up out of the way and the bike is sitting on the tire.

I have never had any trouble using the factory stand. Easy to get on and off. It's all in your technique.

Anyway, take some emery cloth and sand down the OD of your stand (it won't take much effort). Not a precision rotating item, so it won't matter if you don't keep it perfectly round.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
+1....but i still ended up going with the pit-bull reversible. if i could have afforded the mv corse stand, then.....

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
+1....but i still ended up going with the pit-bull reversible. if i could have afforded the mv corse stand, then.....
I just got the reversible stand a couple days ago for my streetfighter, it's my fourht pitbull stand. Exc. piece of gear! You'll be very happy with the reversible

Chris

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I had the exact problem with the original stand of my current F4. I complained one Day about to Mr. Ferracci and he gave me a new one, witch fits perfect, in exchange.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts