MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon from Mallorca, Spain.

First excuse my English. I have just purchased a Brutale 910S model 2006 and I have listened that is very important change the rear wheel bearing every something KM, somebody knows about this bearings? and how many km should be changed?

Thanks and congartulation for this froum
910Mallorca

·
Vendor
5,408 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum,the rear hub should be checked and regreased every service interval.Also everytime you have the bike on the rear stand to lube your chain just feel for any play in the hub by moving the wheel from side to side,if there is any play or looseness have the hub/bearing checked.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good afternoon from Mallorca, Spain.

First excuse my English. I have just purchased a Brutale 910S model 2006 and I have listened that is very important change the rear wheel bearing every something KM, somebody knows about this bearings? and how many km should be changed?

Thanks and congartulation for this froum
910Mallorca
I recommend you listen to Mitch - I am quite new here too, but I reckon he probably knows more about this problem than anyone and I have been looking real hard for advise on this very topic recently.

From my research my advise is to get one of Mitch's improved hubs. Others here say it is not necessary - which is probably right, but frankly I just don't fancy taking a chance on this. If the hub goes it seems to be with minimal warning and with very variable milages on it. I found some metallic flakes on the wheel at just 3300 miles. I could have rebuilt the hub, but it seems the whole thing is so overlightened it is hyper critical for torquing etc or you damage it and have early failures - which means chain adjustment is critical to bearing life too. Just wasn't worth it to me.

Damn'd fine kit Mitch (as if you hadn't heard that before already) - how did you get from Oz to the UK so quick? My parcels back home (going the other way) seem to take forever!

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts