MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some slight play in my rear wheel bearings, I have tried the supplier suggested on James's Blogspot FAQ page with not much success, as in they haven't rang me back yet, I have also tried two other bearing supplier's who also haven't rang me back (they may do tommorrow?)

My bike is still under warranty but the dealer requests I take it to him while he checks it, sends off a warranty form, and then fits them for me (MV are now supplying bearings instead of the hub) by the time I have pissed about back and forth to the dealer it will be cheaper just to buy them myself, plus, how long does he think we have left of summer??

If anybody knows which dealer may have them on the shelf I would be glad to hear--thanks

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have just "had" the phone call, James's suppliers BSL in his excellent FAQ
page has just phoned to say he has the bearings "on the way" to him,
the odd one is the 3810 2RS angular contact ball bearing, not commonly used or stocked and for a bearing a touch expensive at £54, most bearings
like the front wheel one's are around the £10 mark
The seals are also not common, by not common I mean they are not stocked and need to come from the manufacturer. I'll bet by later today there will be a few more phone calls and I'll hold more rear wheel bearings than anybody! I just get impatient when my bike is not useable, especially when i'm off work and the suns out :grin: Total price in the UK with vat etc works out around the £75 mark

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Hey Mike can you get me the HK5520? Only a few quid IIRC. I've been waiting on one to arrive at my local supplier for 8 weeks now hahaha. Was that one avail there? I was going to email preston again as he got me the 3810 which I couldn't find anywhere in the US.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shit! I got the bearings this morning before I read your post, I'll order another one on Monday, If I forget drop me an e-mail James :stickpoke , I must admit, the size of these bearings look more suited to a Skateboard, after seeing them and knowing some of the bumpy roads we travel down with the bike hopping and jumping about its no surprise they are short ish lived.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alexaye said:
Hi
Just out of interest how many miles have they done.
Alex.
Around the 6500 mile mark

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
For interests sake I just replaced my front bearings. While in the shop for a service and tyre change the mechanic rang me and said the front bearings were a little on the rough side and he reccomended replacing them. The bike had done only 6000kms and as I have only put just over 2000 on it myself I'm not sure if the previous owner ever cleaned the bike with a high pressure hose. I would be surprised as I have spoken with him in the past and he seems a knowledgable enough guy. What surprised me (apart from the fact the bearings already needed replacing) was the price of the MV bearings...AU$210...each :wtf: I went with aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My fronts went last year, they were £22 for the pair from a bearing stockist.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts