MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. So ive come to the conclusion that if i use a thumb brake for the rear and reroute hoses etc.. i should be able to keep the whole system away from any heat source. And thus do away with fade...
firstly what do people think to this?
Secondly anyone know of a kit for the f3 specifically or a the best universal kit to go for.. not uaed them before so this is new territory for myself.
13 675 f3

·
Registered
301 Posts
That's a lot of work for your hands, no? Probably not a problem for daily riding but for any spirited/track riding it'll definitely take some getting used to.

Have you thought about relocating the brake components away from the heat or at least trying to heat shield them if you're sure that's the problem.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
There's no universal kit available for any of the manufacturers.
It will all custom lines etc.
Brembo and Braking as well as AP makes thumb operated master cylinders.
Your problem is not F3 "only" related, so have a look in the maintenance and this section to see what others have done to help ease this problem.
How much do you really use the rear brake ?

·
Super Moderator
22,045 Posts
Yes, Varium, for hill-holding and slight corrections....and to get in the habit of using the rear for needed additional braking power in situations that require a quick-stop. Anyone who has been through a safe riding class learns the technique of both brake stopping and learns the value of the significantly reduced stopping distances.

If I can shave even three feet off a stop, perhaps the grill of that truck won't be in my helmet.....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Check out "stunter" websites..

Ok guys. So ive come to the conclusion that if i use a thumb brake for the rear and reroute hoses etc.. i should be able to keep the whole system away from any heat source. And thus do away with fade...
firstly what do people think to this?
Secondly anyone know of a kit for the f3 specifically or a the best universal kit to go for.. not uaed them before so this is new territory for myself.
13 675 f3
I'd say your best bet on setting this up is to go to a "stunter" forum/website as they regularly set their bikes up with thumb operated rear brakes.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Lots of guy use thumb operated rear brake, I would if it where allowed in our regulations.
Have a look at the current crop of WSBK riders, like Tom Sykes, they use it too.
I don't for a moment think it's worth all that hassle for a road bike, when the problems with the MV rear brake can be fairly easily sorted out.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Lots of guy use thumb operated rear brake, I would if it where allowed in our regulations.
Have a look at the current crop of WSBK riders, like Tom Sykes, they use it too.
What's the reason behind that Dons? Just a better feel through your hands rather than through a big clunky boot?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
What's the reason behind that Dons? Just a better feel through your hands rather than through a big clunky boot?
Yup, and easier access when moving body around on the bike.

Ditto. Unless he trails the rear brake into corners. Not many ppl know how or even do that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
What about when riding in traffic, slowly, I always found it great when you manage the throttle, clutch and rear brake at the same time.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Yup, and easier access when moving body around on the bike.

What about when riding in traffic, slowly, I always found it great when you manage the throttle, clutch and rear brake at the same time.

Other than that dons lol. Yeah i use it when im stopped at traffic lights on a hill and emergency stop. Other than that if for some reason i find myself running wide in a corner bit of rear brake will pull her back in.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts