MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

This question is more targeted at australian purchases but happy to hear from anyone.

When i picked up my Brutale I didnt get a rearstand but most of the other people who I have talked to got a stand when they brought there bikes through other dealerships.

I contacted the dealer and he said that the stands dont come with the bike and it must just be something other dealers do. Im starting to think this guy is full of sh-t.

what I want to know is who else received a rearstand recently when they brought a new MV.

Cheers,
Mick

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
The wasn't a factory stand with my F3 when I got that in May. Not sure about Brutales though.

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
148 Posts
The new models don't come with a stand, it is an option, the previous models did though. Would ask the dealer to give you a discount on an aftermarket stand .

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, seems to be dealer specific on giving stands with the bikes. 3 guys I know brought bikes in the last 12 months and got stands and all sorts of gear.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The new models don't come with a stand, it is an option, the previous models did though. Would ask the dealer to give you a discount on an aftermarket stand .
^^^ Wot he said. Used to but not anymore unfortunately. :thewife:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Here in the US, all bikes up to and including 2009 model year came with stands. MY 2010 and newer do not get the stand (except the F3 Oro maybe).

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2012 1090RR... which has since gone to a better place thanks to me not paying attention and having a stupid stupid accident.

hence the reason I ask is my insurer is replacing the bike through the original dealer (whole other story here) and I want to make sure the guy isn't trying to screw me on the stand.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I stand to be corrected, but I thought they came in the crate with a stand holding the bike upright. I specified that I wanted a stand when I purchased the bike.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I stand to be corrected, but I thought they came in the crate with a stand holding the bike upright. I specified that I wanted a stand when I purchased the bike.
thats what i thought when I saw an F3 just unpacked at the dealer. Rear stand somewhat attached to the bike.

Did you pay anything extra for your stand?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
thats what i thought when I saw an F3 just unpacked at the dealer. Rear stand somewhat attached to the bike.

Did you pay anything extra for your stand?
The F3 Oro's came with a rear stand attached in the crate.

The standard F3's do not!

·
Super Moderator
22,668 Posts
Here in the US, all bikes up to and including 2009 model year came with stands. MY 2010 and newer do not get the stand (except the F3 Oro maybe).

Not true. Cindy's 1090RR, a 2010 model, came with the rear stand. I believe all the bikes are shipped this way. Someone correct me if I am wrong and you've seen a crate opened without the rear stand.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Yes, No, It Depends

This was a hot topic of conversation a few years ago. Prior to 2010 (not sure about 2011), all bikes came with a stand in the crate. Whether you received the stand with the purchase depended on:

1) Price you paid
2) The dealership/salesman

The same thing happened with the bike covers. When I purchased my bikes, I asked for everything that came with the bike in the crate. I actually took the crates as well.

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
I got the stand with my bike, but hate it. Worst stand EVER! You want it? Actually, I had better keep it 'cause some miserable SOB will probably want it if I ever sell the bike. :jerkoff:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
All the cool kids got the stand when they bought their bikes new.....all the geeks got short sheeted.......with at least one exception......Kevin (Italia) is the exception that proves the rule.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I am no longer going with the original dealer to replace the bike after expressing my dissappointment about the way i was being treated by them to my insurer. I should be picking up my 1090rr version2.0 in the next week or so from a different dealer. Ill let you know if i get a stand

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
All the F4 riders got the stand when they bought their bikes new.....all the geeks got short sheeted.......with at least one exception......I am the exception that proves the rule.
Fixed

The stands only come with F4's, as Brutie riders don't have the wrist strength to put the bike up. :stickpoke

Juuust kidding...

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Fixed

The stands only come with F4's, as Brutie riders don't have the wrist strength to put the bike up. :stickpoke

Juuust kidding...
Are you going to delete this one too?
The old F4 vs B4 jokes are getting a bit lame now.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts