MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do they work? Can one person put them on stand and can one take it off the stand..safely?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yes, this is possible, that's what I'm doing, and I had no problems... for now...
this is how I do:
1. Park the bike on the lateral stand
2. Plug the rear stand
3. Stand behind the bike, and move it to a vertical position by grabbing the exaust until both sides of the rear stand touch the floor
4. Still grabbing the bike by the exaust, step on the rear stand (both feet) (caution! don't pull on the exaust!! the bike will lift just by your weight applied on the rear stand. I'm 70kg and it works really great)
5. Remove the lateral stand
hope it'll help you.
Good ride

·
Registered
9 Posts
drbeck, I was worried too since the dealer didn't even know if one person could do it alone. Once you figure it out, it's quite easy and safe (for the bike).
1. Insert stand in axle while bike is on side stand.
2. Holding rear wheel with right hand and left side of stand with left hand, lean bike to the right till stand is flat on floor and bike is vertical, then press down on rear of stand with right foot while pulling rear wheel backwards.
3. Presto, bike rocks back on stand.

·
Registered
293 Posts
You don't need to lift the rear stand to take it of:
1: put the lateral stand
2: stand behind the bike
3: push it (holding the exaust or the tail) (caution this really easy!! don't push too strongly!!)
4: put the bike on the lateral stand
5: remove the rear stand
6: ENJOY YOUR RIDE!!!
;-)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

The instructions above work fine however my problem is;

2. Plug the rear stand

Why I have to push the rear stand very heavy to get it plugged :eek: To unplug it I need hammer :confused:

Somebody has the same difficulties?

Bye,

C.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I don't
The stand axle comes in and out very easily. Don't you have something in the wheel axle? Is the plastic part of your rear stand in good shape?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi 748s,

Looks brand new, maybe that is why and the axle is as clean I can get.

It is very thight fit maybe, when I use a little W40 spray it slides in better but to get it out is difficult.

Bye,

C.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts