MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for just a rear sprocket for my 2002 f4. Would like to go to a 43 tooth though. I would just like to buy the sprocket and not the whole sprocket carrier thing for the quick release. I really have no need for a quick release. Anyone know where i can just get the sprocket?

·
Registered
383 Posts
+1 I think I want to move up a couple of teeth as well. My SPR comes with a 39T but I don't know if that will give me the extra low-end that I'm looking for.

·
Registered
785 Posts
On the F4 750 if you want to change the sprocket from stock you must replace the carrier as well.

The original sprocket is a sprocket with integrated sprocket (cost=$$).

The quick change carrier is a one time cost and allows you to replace sprockets only (saving you future costs).

It is not possible to replace just the sprocket on the F4 750 models (and Brutale 750) as a sprocket only will not have a carrier to mount to after remove the standard part.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eMoto UK said:
On the F4 750 if you want to change the sprocket from stock you must replace the carrier as well.

The original sprocket is a sprocket with integrated sprocket (cost=$$).

The quick change carrier is a one time cost and allows you to replace sprockets only (saving you future costs).

It is not possible to replace just the sprocket on the F4 750 models (and Brutale 750) as a sprocket only will not have a carrier to mount to after remove the standard part.
thanks bud.....do you have any other sprockets than the gold color?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have an STM sprocket carrier and sprockets I purchased at motowheels.com and it is black as are the sprockets.

I did this with the intention of using the quick change feature but so far I only bought the 41T sprocket ring. I haven't taken advantage of using the quick change aspect of being able to switch sizes becuase of only buying the one sprocket ring so far.

However, like emoto said above, it is cheaper in the long run after buying the carrier because the sprockets are about $75-$90 once you buy the carrier and I believe when I saw single sprockets for the MV they were like $175 a piece. This was on the 750 models. I'm not sure if the same holds true for the 1000's.

Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts