1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
868 Posts
Now with the 2018 800cc bikes with the new rear sprocket carrier and cush drives update. Would it be possible to swap of the carrier with the new upgraded one? Please see the video below if you have not seen it. It has MV Agusta Mechanical Engineer & Technical Director - Brian Gillen - introduce the Cush Drive System.

https://www.facebook.com/poweredbytuanossen/videos/1805604242890484/UzpfSTUwMjEzMzkyNzg6MTAxNTYyODg5MzY2MDQyNzk/

Looking at the video "the new one doesn't fail"... A change to plan on Euro 3 bikes.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Looking at the video "the new one doesn't fail"... A change to plan on Euro 3 bikes.
Thats what i thought.. so every old 12-18 Owner was a beta tester for the new one! If the style of the new brutale wouldnt be that bad i would trade my 2015 model!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Yep, I wonder what the cost would be from MV for an upgrade?

I've just finished the mould to make my own cush drive rubbers from PU. But I figure the MV parts will be expensive if you can get them.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
But I figure the MV parts will be expensive if you can get them.

For the old style cush drive rubbers? No, not expensive, less than €15 a set the last time I bought a set. Affordable service item every 6,000km or so. My dealer (MotoCorsa) carries them as an off the shelf item as they, like any decent MV dealer should be, are aware that they need replacing regularly.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
For the old style cush drive rubbers? No, not expensive, less than €15 a set the last time I bought a set. Affordable service item every 6,000km or so.
The cush rubbers are cheap, 6000 miles? The F4 gets through them a little quicker :wink2:. Within 2000 miles the slop is noticeable.

Hence the interest in changing the rear arrangement to a better one, or moulding my own that are more like the reliability / durability we get from other manufacturers.

Im assuming getting the new parts from MV (which is what I ment) might be hard and rather expensive.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
The F4 gets through them a little quicker :wink2:. Within 2000 miles the slop is noticeable.

Yes, well... noticeable on the TV by 1,000 miles... But getting excessive (subjective) at something like 5,000.

I would be interested in how your DIY moulded rubbers hold up but for me it's a moot point as the TVL gets chopped in tomorrow for a Multistrada :grin2:

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'm in the US and Shipping would be an arm and a leg.

if you want I can get you one over there for a more reasonable price - living close to BDS and flying over to US in 2 weeks. Then all the shipping you'd have to pay is for the shipping you want within US

I have one of those sets and the quality is top notch, way better than the MV part on my 14 F3 800

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you want I can get you one over there for a more reasonable price - living close to BDS and flying over to US in 2 weeks. Then all the shipping you'd have to pay is for the shipping you want within US

I have one of those sets and the quality is top notch, way better than the MV part on my 14 F3 800
I appreciate the offer. But right now I cant. This is something I would definitely look into it in the future..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts