MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is going to get a Brutale 910S this weekend and she is vertically challenged. Planning on dropping the front forks a 1/2" but was wondering if the rear shock has a ride height adjustment on it. I think the forks will do the trick for her but just wondered if we need a little more if we could get it on the rear shock.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
yamadogr1 said:
My wife is going to get a Brutale 910S this weekend and she is vertically challenged. Planning on dropping the front forks a 1/2" but was wondering if the rear shock has a ride height adjustment on it. I think the forks will do the trick for her but just wondered if we need a little more if we could get it on the rear shock.

Thats a big No no, If you are going to drop the height I would advise you to do both ends, the rear does have a height adjuster on the aluminium link, it's a right/left handed "bottle" adjuster, just undo the two 5mm allen screws and turn the 19mm spanner size adjuster, measure before and after, and count the number of turns or flats.

MV's steer pretty dam fast anyway, just dropping the front alone by 1/2 inch may make the bike very unstable, are there any suspension people who could lower the bike for you?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. We will be at the dealership on Friday and Saturday and if we have the capability to lower the front and rear then we will do that as opposed to just doing the forks. I just wasn't sure that there was any ride height adjustability in the rear suspension.

·
Registered
38 Posts
yamadogr1 said:
Fafnit (my wife) runs her 750s on a the lowest possible rear setting for ride height as she's always struggled with seat height. The biggest Japanese bike she could get on with was her Hornet, other than that it was 400's. She is very happy with the Brute for height and it doesn't slow the steering appreciably.

She's 5` 4". You may find that you dont have to lower the front at all. They can flap under power with +2 turns on the back so would be careful in lowering the front. Also you may find problems with the front tyre hitting the rad guard, check it out first as I think I rememeber seeeing that mentioned here.

Great choice for a shorter rider, hope she loves it as much as we love ours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts