MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the standard height is for the rear shock? Its not in the user manual. Mine was set to where the adjustable rings cannot go any further, ie the shock was fully compress, so the bike was fully jacked up!

I've set the adjustable rings to the middle of the thread to lower the bike slightly.

Everything else has been set to firm as per manual.

I nearly drop the bike today due to the rear shock jacked up way too high and as I am not that tall 169cm I couldn't place a proper footing as the road had gravel at the time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'd also like to know the standard height as mine has been adjusted before. Would someone with standard suspension set up be able to measure the distance between the tip of the rear tail light to the ground & also the distance from a handlebar grip to the ground for the front.
Thanks

·
Registered
604 Posts
Along with that info, what is the rear spring weight? I mean how much weight is it made for? I think I need a spring for a heavier person. Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Height from ground to front 835cm
Height from ground to centre line of tail 1080cms

Both measurements with bike on rear stand to ensure no weight on spring.

ddnuts, there are replacement springs, not sure of weight allowances, but certainly ive seen a aftermarket titanium one

Hope this helps

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks agusta01, mine is definitely lower than stock. my front is 28mm lower & rear is 20mm lower. Any idea what difference it will make to the bike if i raise it to stock height? Dont know if others experience this, but I notice that it is heavy to steer when going slow, really difficult to do U turns etc.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FGMVF4s, I almost drop mine at 5km/h trying to do a U-turn and my thumb got wedge between the throttle and airduct thingy.

I've got the steering damper at the softest setting ie 1 click.

I've reset the rear springs to the middle and set everything up to standard suspension setting.

This help ALOT for me as I can manoeuvre the bike easily at low speed. At high speeds, it doesn't feel like I was being thrown off the seat when I hit a bump on the road.

Stiff factory setting was still not to agreeing with my riding style at the twisties. Could be good for track setting thou.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts