MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started trying to tweak the Sachs shock adjusters on the Senna today.

I love the Race Bike feel, but was trying to get the Ohlins like compliance on rough pavement....

I finally got the cajones to give it a lash! No big whup but I went 2 clicks down on high speed compression, from 4 to 2.

Really interesting! I think it might to good, but it's too soon to tell...

ANYONE HERE ACTUALLY GOT A HANDLE ON TAMBO/SENNA SUSPENSION??

I think this suspension might have huge potential!

Kevin

·
Registered
279 Posts
K--

Its a "work in progress". Actually had Mr Ferracci do it personally when i was in for 600mi service recently...apparently mine came from the factory dialed in at the stiffest settings all around. He backed it off two clicks and then another. also adjusted the fronts.
Its great now, but i think i still wanna try tweaking it some more...just havent had the time.
The manual insert is shit. I needed a personal, guided walk thru to understand it....

khfx said:
I started trying to tweak the Sachs shock adjusters on the Senna today.

I love the Race Bike feel, but was trying to get the Ohlins like compliance on rough pavement....

I finally got the cajones to give it a lash! No big whup but I went 2 clicks down on high speed compression, from 4 to 2.

Really interesting! I think it might to good, but it's too soon to tell...

ANYONE HERE ACTUALLY GOT A HANDLE ON TAMBO/SENNA SUSPENSION??

I think this suspension might have huge potential!

Kevin

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback Manhattan. That's really interesting about your factory settings. I also felt that mine was setup super-stiff, but without guidance was reluctant to tweak.

After dialing down the hi-speed bump 2 clicks I rode it hard and ran it wide on a left-hander! Scared the daylights outta myself. I thought it was the shock adjustment, but finally realized it was just my shitty riding ability!

The suspension is much more compliant and the encouraging thing is how quantifiable the small incremental tweak was. The shock really responded to a small adjustment.

I now intend to drop the compression dampening on the fork to try and balance it out. I think I may come back up one click on the rear.

Incidentally, what tire pressures are you running on the stock tires?

When I checked my rear was over 40psi from the factory. I'm running 32/34 both front and rear.

·
Registered
279 Posts
im running the same tire pressures as you. Interesting what u say about running wide after you softened the shocks...you definitely have to adjust your riding style until you are certain about what you have changed. I find now that the bike seems to "fall in" much easier, especially on downhills, so be careful. I really think that for the price we paid, there should be some guidance on this shit....its too important a feature to be left for you to figure out on your own.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just my .02 on this thread. I recently attended a suspension clinic here in Ca with an extremely talented suspension guru. Before you start turning all the compression and dampening screws, etc. You need to set the sag first. Turning a bunch of screws with an improper sag is not only pointless it may even may make matters worse. After setting the sag, the next step is to set the dampening settings (make sure front matches the rear in feel). Finally, set your compression settings to your likeness.
When I got my '05 F4, my settings were so stiff that it felt like riding on a cobblestone raod. I have since set all my suspension after this clinic I attended, and man what a difference. It's a great relief to know what your suspension is capable of doing, especially in a turn.

Good luck

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks F4, that's a valid point. I should have mentioned that the sag has been set correctly.

Manhattan, I agree! How great an asset is this forum..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts