MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Dumb question, but as other bikes mount the master cylinder on the rearset, wouldn't a rearset from a different bike with the with the same mounting size work here? Or Perhaps mounting brackets to allow different rearsets sort of like the ones here

https://www.amazon.com/PRO-KODASKIN-Motorcycle-Aluminum-Replacement-Mounting/dp/B01MT3S34X
I just received some Valter Moto rearsets last week. Pulled bike apart for ten minutes to see if they will fit, without spacers they won't work with the termi high mount exhaust (didn't have time to play around with it or actually mount the master cylinder for to see clearance yet) and will need a new brake line to fit different placement.

The quality and finish of them is superb and are quite robust

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice. Thanks for the input, Hawk. I might be trying out Dot 5.1 and heatshield first then before blowing away a lot of money on those extra fancy rearsets.
Also good to know that the HRC tube is a viable option if I were to move the MC!
I did all of the above and a top tip from my dealer was to block the the rear brake whilst on the paddock stand. I just use a bungee from the stand round the lever and back to the stand. Rear brake is strong enough to activate the ABS.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How much did the rear sets cost, what's the part number for the rear sets. Been looking for that type of rear sets for the F3.

·
Registered
173 Posts
How much did the rear sets cost, what's the part number for the rear sets. Been looking for that type of rear sets for the F3.
I got them on their black Friday sale, price is as on site. I emailed them before I ordered as they don't list them on their website. They got me to order the normal F3 rearsets, and email them back my order number and then put these ones in for me.

Though if they don't work with my termi pipe I would be open to selling to you.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ah yes, the Walters look stunning! Can you throw up a picture of the side of your bike so I can compare the exhaust-mount for your termi setup vs my own with SC Project? These rearsets are on my list to buy, but if they won't fit with the exhaust setup, I'll skip... :)

EDIT: I found your bike in the "show off" thread.

Did the small "tube" reservoir come included with the rearset, or was it an addition (in price as well)?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ah yes, the Walters look stunning! Can you throw up a picture of the side of your bike so I can compare the exhaust-mount for your termi setup vs my own with SC Project? These rearsets are on my list to buy, but if they won't fit with the exhaust setup, I'll skip... :)

EDIT: I found your bike in the "show off" thread.

Did the small "tube" reservoir come included with the rearset, or was it an addition (in price as well)?
I will take some more pics of my exhaust when I get home tonight. Not sure what SC project exhaust you have, but the F3XX uses these rearsets with a SC project so I would think it should fit.

There are a range of spaces included with the rearsets so I still need to play around to work out if it will fit.

The reservoir is not included: https://valtermotostore.com/sof03-00.html

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Good point. The F3XX exhaust is pretty close to what I will use myself.
I use the RC SC Project (low hung) exhaust now, but I have bought a new titanium pipe from SC to make it high-mounted like the F3XX :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Good point. The F3XX exhaust is pretty close to what I will use myself.
I use the RC SC Project (low hung) exhaust now, but I have bought a new titanium pipe from SC to make it high-mounted like the F3XX :)
Had sometime on the weekend to try to fit these up. Unfortunately they don't work with my termi high mount (this is the second aftermarket exhaust I have run, so don't feel like doing a third to swap to an SC project), the carbon heat shield and bracket will interfere with master cylinder.

So if anyone want to purchase these rearsets let me know and we can work out a deal? They are brand new and only ever been test fitted.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
That's a shame, Matt.
I would buy them off you, but I currently don't have a very big budget to spend on shiny parts :) I'll check in with you closer to spring/summertimes if you still have them!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts