MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to change the foot pegs on my F3 and found that the 6 mm Allen key doesn't quite fit. Does anyone know what type of Allen key fits the bolts for the foot pegs? A photo of the Allen key would be good.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My 6mm socket in my Repco set fits perfectly.
Having said that, I have Rizoma sets and can't remember whether I used the original bolts or not.
Can't think why I would not have used the originals.
cheers
Pete

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Donsy. I'll pick a set up tomorrow.

Pete, you would have used the ones provided by Rizoma as they are made to fit the Rizoma brackets where as the original are made to fit the original brackets (same threads but different lengths). Only the bottom bolt onto the exhaust is reused.

Have since found out that it is very easy to damage the Allen head on the original bolts on the foot pegs and extreme care is required when removing the originals.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Unfortunately I think the only way to resolve the problem is to spend exorbitant amounts of money and replace all the stress bolts with titanium ones

·
Registered
114 Posts
I second that. I sheered the head off of a foot-peg bolt a few weeks ago with my bare hands and an Allen key. And I soon found out that replacement bolts on MV's is not cheap. Any recommendation on a supplier of a titanium bolt kit for a 2012 MV F4?

Unfortunately I think the only way to resolve the problem is to spend exorbitant amounts of money and replace all the stress bolts with titanium ones

1 - 10 of 10 Posts