MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the greatest riding day this year today. Of course this happens - after a pit stop i forget to close my rear seat properly. Two kilometers down the road in about 160, i feel a smack on my back - I instantly knows what it is - check the mirror and see something red taking off. :wtf:
It got really torn, only the leather though, but i guess it is difficult to get that exact red leather for a fix, so therefor:

Does anyone have a red rear seat for a Brutale for sale?

Or well, does anyone know how get that kind of leather?

//Thomas

·
Registered
571 Posts
I've heard of this happening before even when shut properly!!! Dunno!

Sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
brutal2dmax said:
Good time to buy an e-moto cowl? Unless you need to carry the wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/whatever around that is.
Haha
That was actually my first thought!! ...even before returning to the road-kill rear seat on the road! :laughing: but i then relized i need the orig seat for my gf - maybe i will get the seat cover in addition!

·
Registered
312 Posts
lost mine too, it also has quite a story :
First day with my Brutale :
- after 2 hours i put the bike to the ground (wasnt familiar with the new footpeg) :bash:
- after a visit to a friends house , i show the compartiment space underneat the passengerseat , do not know yet you must hear a 'click' when closing
I drive off for a few miles and suddenly come to the constatation that i lost my passengers seat :wtf:
What do i do, i run the road i traveled three times, also another by foot and with help of a friend we do the 4 miles track i done
No result , i could cry ....

2 days later, i am in my shop @ work
comes a guy in with a shirt with no sleaves and a big MV logo tattoed on his arm .
Me : Ah , another MV lover
He : Yes , and i brought you something
Me : don't tell me its true
He : Yes , my friend, here is your back seat
Me : Woehoew

Now, that guy's boss was driving after me when i lost my part
That boss knows MV from his employee who has 3 of them
He pics it up from the ground and takes it along with hem to his business.
The employee called the Belgium Flanders MV dealers with the question nobody lost his back seat, after the call with my dealer he knew where my shop was and could return it to me .

Afterwards i went to that business with 2 bottles of champane
DUDE was i lucky, i dont see that happen with lets say a KAWASAKI

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MV Blackie said:
lost mine too, it also has quite a story :
First day with my Brutale :
- after 2 hours i put the bike to the ground (wasnt familiar with the new footpeg) :bash:
- after a visit to a friends house , i show the compartiment space underneat the passengerseat , do not know yet you must hear a 'click' when closing
I drive off for a few miles and suddenly come to the constatation that i lost my passengers seat :wtf:
What do i do, i run the road i traveled three times, also another by foot and with help of a friend we do the 4 miles track i done
No result , i could cry ....

2 days later, i am in my shop @ work
comes a guy in with a shirt with no sleaves and a big MV logo tattoed on his arm .
Me : Ah , another MV lover
He : Yes , and i brought you something
Me : don't tell me its true
He : Yes , my friend, here is your back seat
Me : Woehoew

Now, that guy's boss was driving after me when i lost my part
That boss knows MV from his employee who has 3 of them
He pics it up from the ground and takes it along with hem to his business.
The employee called the Belgium Flanders MV dealers with the question nobody lost his back seat, after the call with my dealer he knew where my shop was and could return it to me .

Afterwards i went to that business with 2 bottles of champane
DUDE was i lucky, i dont see that happen with lets say a KAWASAKI

Wow MV Blackie, that was some story! They really put some effort into bringing it back to you!! :guitarist

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
If you can't find one elsewhere, I have a stock one, brand new. If nothing else, I can ship to you to use until you get a replacement. I think it is red.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Same thing happened to me even though I swear I heard the click when I closed the seat. Anyway, I felt the seat hit my back when I was riding. I was able to reach around and grab it before it fell. It's funny, because the seat hit my back and stayed there for a few seconds. I was lucky I guess.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys for your concern! Takes other MV fans to fully understand..! Feels like being out on the streets without trousers, or something, when the bike is incomplete :green:

Gladio said:
If you can't find one elsewhere, I have a stock one, brand new. If nothing else, I can ship to you to use until you get a replacement. I think it is red.
Wow - thanks Gladio, that is such a incredible generously offer! My MV dealer will get back to me in the next couple of days to let me know if it will take "1 week or up to 4 weeks.." You know MV :) If it is the later option i would be so glad to accept your offer. Maybe in that case you could get the new replacement in return from me, once i get it - to be sure it will still be really new?

anucci said:
Same thing happened to me even though I swear I heard the click when I closed the seat. Anyway, I felt the seat hit my back when I was riding. I was able to reach around and grab it before it fell. It's funny, because the seat hit my back and stayed there for a few seconds. I was lucky I guess.
Exactly this way it happened to me!! It flapped around for a few seconds, and then took off!! Maybe turbolence, i was at 160-180 somewhere at the time.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me...going along the road, I felt something hit my lower back...reached back without looking and grab whatever it was, which is now flat against my back...and realize it's the rear seat! Luckily it didn't fall to the ground first. Not the best latching system in the world.

·
Registered
225 Posts
the_thomas said:
Haha
That was actually my first thought!! ...even before returning to the road-kill rear seat on the road! :laughing: but i then relized i need the orig seat for my gf - maybe i will get the seat cover in addition!
I had a similar thing happen with my 03 R1 and did what you are considering. I got the seat re covered and bought a single seat cowl for evryday riding and used the seat only when needed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts