MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Does any one have special tool 800093347 Rear Suspension Setting Tool? Essentially it is a simple T square and I would like to make one. Could they give me the measurements for the distance the top edge is down from the center of the top spigot and is the top edge square to the line drawn through the center of the two spigots? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
You mean the ride height measuring tool right, for pre-2010 bikes ?

Send Noel a PM, he used to have them made for forum members buddy, or wait till a bit later and I'll measure up mine, just helping out a damsel in distress with her car.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Yes, Thats the one. Thanks Donsy, I will PM Noel and if no good there I will get back to you.
Oh yes, very good help out the damsel first.:laughing:

·
Registered
14,220 Posts
?

Everyone:

I have no dimensions for the tool ......a friend put a Factory tool in his Haas CNC machining center it mapped the tool probably in Gcode

the file was sent to the laser cutters, I never saw it...

I machined the Delrin spuds and deburred the parts when they came from the laser cutters

I then sold the Factory tool

sorry I can't help

:popcorn:

·
Registered
255 Posts
@ogrilp400
Try to contact Chris from XBikes. I bought one from him a year and a half ago. He made a batch for sale. Might have one left for you.
Send him a PM, he's a forum member here.
Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
G'day Donsy,
Did you get to look out the rear suspension setting tool and measure it?

Ken.
Yup, I did, but forgot all about, I thought you might have gone and bought one.:smile2:

---------------------------------NOTICE----------------------
THE TOP PIN, WHICH IS MACHINED DOWN IN MY PICTURE TO ACCOMMODATE THE BURSIG STAND SOCKET ON MY FRAME, NEEDS TO STAY 25.75mm THE WHOLE 54.5mm LENGTH, FOR USE ON STANDARD SET-UP

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Donsy No, didn't buy one as I am a fitter, machinist, metal worker and tool maker so make all my own tools. There is one critical measurement missing though. The dimension from the center of the 8mm hole up to the "605" edge.

Ken

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Edge of the hole to the staight edge ( before the curve starts) is 10.8mm .
See in the last picture I posted the 10,8 and 10.5, that 10.5 is on the curve, further back to the straight edge it becomes 10.8 also.
About 36mm to the 605, line I drew, that's from edge of hole.
About 80 from the 608 line to edge of the slotted hole.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,862 Posts
Nice job on the drawings, Donsy......dang, you took some time on this!! Should make it possible for others to produce one as well.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Nice job on the drawings, Donsy......dang, you took some time on this!! Should make it possible for others to produce one as well.
Sorry Ed, nobody's actually asked me in the past :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts