MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week i noticed on one ride my rear parking lights and number plate light stoped working, then started again, then they stoped all together on a few rides, but if u have the bike off and switch to parkers they work fine.... So its not the light itself

Can anyone tell me where i should start looking for the problem? Some sort of short, i'm just not sure where? Anyone else have this problem? Checked around the plug, and all seems good, could it be in the key barrel or something ?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems like very strange problem to have, i will follow the wires tomorrow and try find a problem that way

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
So last week i noticed on one ride my rear parking lights and number plate light stoped working, then started again, then they stoped all together on a few rides, but if u have the bike off and switch to parkers they work fine.... So its not the light itself

Can anyone tell me where i should start looking for the problem? Some sort of short, i'm just not sure where? Anyone else have this problem? Checked around the plug, and all seems good, could it be in the key barrel or something ?

I haven't got a wiring diagram but I'm leaning towards a problem at the ignition switch...

joe

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still cant find anything, lights now pretty much stay off but come on from time to time but dont last long, i'm a bit lost as to where else to look for a problem, so it might have to go to perth for a warranty job. I thought it might b in the ignition switch but both front and rear should work on the same switch and the front works fine.

·
Vendor
5,159 Posts
Check the wires that follow along the underside of the tailpiece.You may have a broken wire there.I have heard of this problem before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts