MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys 'n Gals.

Went out to my old work place today (Demon Tweeks) to get a rear paddock stand for the F3 but they couldn't do one to fit the F3.
I was just wondering which rear stand people are using or can recommend.

Thanks
Chris

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a look at the pitbull stands and they do look good but the price of delivery is $269, the stand is only $174.

Donsy - the Tamburini stand needs to be made from solid gold for £420.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Had a look at the pitbull stands and they do look good but the price of delivery is $269, the stand is only $174.

Your Ago must be gold plated somehow too.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts

Depends who you buy through...for example motosport.com does flat rate AUS$30 shipping to Aus for all orders over AUS$399. I would take a guess they would do a similar deal for the UK.

·
Registered
110 Posts
R&G do a good sturdy stand here in the uk. You will need the correct size spindle adapter to go with it. Would recommend no probs.

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Pound for Pound.. One of the best stands on the market..

Chris

If your mates with the guys at DT, get them to order you an FG stand for the F3.. Make sure the spindle is on the correct side for your bike, as they do a left and right hand side...

·
Registered
465 Posts
The Tamburini Corse looks amazing, but for that price I'd expect it turn into a helicopter!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks, new to the world of MVs. Just bought a 2001 F4 750S. Can't seem to start a new thread so here goes.

Couple of questions.

Can anyone recommend a front paddock stand? Looking at the wheel removal it looks like I need an under yoke type. I guess the front wheel comes out when the clamps on the bottom of the forks are rotated? Presumably separate nut behind there for spindle removal? I'm going to be doing some track work including hopefully a fun race at Mugello so will need several tyre changes.

Thanks.

David

·
Super Moderator
24,095 Posts
David, first off welcome.
Second, you are probably using IE as a browser and you will have to set it to Compatibility Mode when using this site. You could use Google Chrome or Firefox and not have the issue.
Third, at the top of the maintenance section, and a lot of others too, Donsy has a link to his website where you can find the manuals for your bike.
Forth, there are under yoke stands available. There is no hole in your lower triple clamp so you need one with a yoke type lift.
As a side note, lifting with ropes from overhead works wonders.

Lastly, get to know the characters here...we have them all. Enjoy this wacky world of MV Agusta.

Chuck:smoking:

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
Hi David, welcome to the forum mate.
As for front wheel removal and stand required, most front wheel stands as used by other manufacturers can be used, the stand can be hooked under the brake calliper brackets, it does not have go under the bottom of the forks as some guys wrongly believe.
As Chuck said, download the manuals for your bike from my site, also familiarise yourself with the front axle removal from the front rim, at the very least you will need a couple of adjustable wrenches to do that.
Make sure you have a read through the manuals, do not over tighten your chain, and do no over tighten your hub pinch bolts.
Have fun.

·
Registered
112 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts