MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
sometimes mine is pretty tight and i'm tugging and tugging. I'll take a moment and get the alignment just right (not pulling up or letting the weight of the stand push down) and it slides out like nothing at all.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Oddly enough I got tired of just this today and took my stand back in to Forza for them to get the nylon tube milled down a tad.

Hitting it in and out cannot be good for the hub/bearings IMHO

A

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You ment turn it down a bit , turn down a diameter of the nylon tube. Any machineshop can taka a few thousands off of the Outside diameter for you . It should be a slipp fit.

·
Vendor
5,330 Posts
Like Joe said do yourself a favour and buy an aftermarket stand,the original stand is dangerous as the bike can wind itself off the stand when turning the back wheel,aftermarket stands the spindle is on bearings and turns with the wheel,Mitch.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I just shaved a little off mine with sand paper - then put some vaseline on it & works fine, not best thing in world granted but thats' life! Better things to spend money on than a stand when you have one already.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good idea. I have a Duc 1098 stand. I'll either pack the pin out or buy another. Cheers lads.

I did try shaving a bit off but spent hours on it and gave up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts