MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally my rear mudguard arrived, decided to fit myself, and was not anywhere near as scary as I originally thought, this really finishes off the F4 rear end, the quality of the MV Special parts is unquestionable, fit was perfect and just looks great.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Looks just like mine. Very nice part indeed.

Drilling the three 3/8" holes in the swing arm was a bit scary though huh ?

·
Registered
774 Posts
I've just buy the same, but fortunately, the swingarm of my Brutale 910 is already pierced.

You are right, there's nothing but the original MV special parts.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Must be honest, after removing the wheel...and that in itself cost me $149 for the nut.... I checked and rechecked my markings many times, then checked and rechecked the center punch marks many times, but nothing prepares you for drilling bloody great big holes in your swingarm!!

But the dealer wanted $240 to fit it, and what dosen't kill you makes you stronger thaey say!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ditto on what the others have said. Really nice looking add on. There is nothing like working with top quality parts and machines.

·
Registered
96 Posts
agusta01 said:
Must be honest, after removing the wheel...and that in itself cost me $149 for the nut.... I checked and rechecked my markings many times, then checked and rechecked the center punch marks many times, but nothing prepares you for drilling bloody great big holes in your swingarm!!

But the dealer wanted $240 to fit it, and what dosen't kill you makes you stronger thaey say!!
Prestige changed $240 for fitting the hugger? Wow... it was free with the 6,000km service for me. :flat:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yep. Actually, removing the nut was the biggest PITA of the whole process. I needed an impact gun to get the nut to move. First time off is a bitch. After that, I set the hugger, marked the center of the holes with a "white out" pen, center punched and drilled. Step up the drill bit diameters. If you dont have a drill or "short" bits that will fit in the area you can buy a 90 degree dill chuck that will allow you to fit in without drilling the hole at an angle.

All things considered, it was really easy, although drilling holes in your swingarm is nerve racking!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts