MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pulled over the other day a cop, who kindly pointed out my rear lights aren't working. I have the blinkers integrated into the brake lights. These all work great (rear blinkers and brake lights).

I’ve never paid much attention until now, but should the rear lights be on while the engine is running? If so, I have an issue of sort because mine are not….thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm..I don't have a license plate light which is fine, but my brake lights are not functioning as a running light which is an issue. I can't recall if they've ever worked, or just stopped recently. I could see this as a potential issue in the evening hours...

Any ideas on where to go to look into this?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
The tail light should be on once Your headlight is on.
I say this because not every country had the law of daylight running.
In the US of A are the lights on once You switch the ignition on.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so, where should I look to get these tail lights working? The bulbs I would think are fine due to the brakes and blinkers working, which use the same tail lights...

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
What have the blinkers to do with the brake light?
Do You have any aftermarket integrated blinkers tail light?
Why aren't You looking into a parts catalogue or a manual first.
Or open the tail unit and follow the cables to the connector and so on?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Could just be a bad connection after the aftermarket blinker setup and license plate light removal. Wrong wire or not having the running light reconnected at all.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haupti, as mentioned earlier, yes...I installed and integrated the blinkers into the brake lights.

I've followed the wires I thought would be correct but without luck. I was hoping someone would easily be able to point the proper color wire(s) that operate the running lights. Thanks for the help, I'll keep looking.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts