MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had this

It started as a one off a month back and failed completely today

Been told it's warranty but interested to see if anyone else has had this?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dash changes wording to malfunction anything above 5mph and all dash settings become unusable

Most annoyingly it's a 200 mile drive to get it done at shop so I'll just ride it until it's due it's 3800 service which is only 900 miles to go

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
I've seen the tail light issue before on the forum.
I believe it was a small connector problem, easy to fix if I remember correctly !

·
Registered
445 Posts
I had the same thing happen on my Rivale. Same dash indication. It was an issue with the light assy, not a connector for me.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you guys know if it's something i can fix or does it need a new part?

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Do you guys know if it's something i can fix or does it need a new part?
Dean it is impossible to do a diagnosis on the issue being miles away.
So get the seat off and find the cable connecting to the rear light.
Check for loose connections, faulty plugs, damaged cables etc.
Might check with a multimeter single leads for passage.
Might check if any current is arriving on the tail light at all.
The work shop will not do anything mystical other.
Alone You pay for it and in the worst case You can tell them straight away what You need.
But might You find the fault by yourself and can happily flash around again tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dean it is impossible to do a diagnosis on the issue being miles away.
So get the seat off and find the cable connecting to the rear light.
Check for loose connections, faulty plugs, damaged cables etc.
Might check with a multimeter single leads for passage.
Might check if any current is arriving on the tail light at all.
The work shop will not do anything mystical other.
Alone You pay for it and in the worst case You can tell them straight away what You need.
But might You find the fault by yourself and can happily flash around again tomorrow.
Thanks for your input. I'll take Tyne seat off and look for anything loose. I don't have anything that can check current unfortunately so if it's not straight away noticeable I'll have to leave it with the bike shop

I have pretty much a full tools work shop but it's all spanners, screw drivers and sockets haha

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took the light out, couldn't see anything loose... Did a manly prod and cable wobble and couldn't get it to come back on

So

It's going in the shop ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
bad tail light assy

My left side tail light (and brake light) failed, intermittent at first and then a hard failure. I pulled the seat and used a DVM to check the voltages on the connector the light assy plugs into, and all looked good, so I assumed it was a faulty light assembly. I checked out the connector for the other side light, and since they were the same connectivity, I swapped the left and right lights in their connectors, the left side light was still bad, so I knew then that it was the left side tail light assembly. When I mentioned this to the mechanic at the dealer, he said that is how he checks them, just reverse the connectors and see if it stays with the light assembly, that is, left is bad with either source connector, and right side is good with either source connector.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Dash changes wording to malfunction anything above 5mph and all dash settings become unusable

Most annoyingly it's a 200 mile drive to get it done at shop so I'll just ride it until it's due it's 3800 service which is only 900 miles to go
I have started getting the fault but the tail lights and my brake lights work. Goes away the pops back up but the lights remain lit for me. I'll probe around too or it will wait until next service.

Also my supplied batter tender started giving me the red ! Error but battery level is good. I'm guessing my tender went tits up but will check with my other tender once I get the required adapter this week.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have started getting the fault but the tail lights and my brake lights work. Goes away the pops back up but the lights remain lit for me. I'll probe around too or it will wait until next service.

Also my supplied batter tender started giving me the red ! Error but battery level is good. I'm guessing my tender went tits up but will check with my other tender once I get the required adapter this week.
I haven't used my tender yet as I'm out every week and usually a long ride but as weather drops I'll get it on probably around November time

Got mine booked in Wednesday for its 4k service, rear brake light, belly pan bracket, front brake line rubbing on fork and possibly the tail tidy from another thread i posted depending on cost

·
Registered
447 Posts
I just came back from my longest trip on the dragster and my left rear brake is now out. Got the same error everyone is getting. Swapped the left and right brake light wires and there is no illumination. Got my 4k service next week and hopefully will have it fixed.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just came back from my longest trip on the dragster and my left rear brake is now out. Got the same error everyone is getting. Swapped the left and right brake light wires and there is no illumination. Got my 4k service next week and hopefully will have it fixed.
Lucky it happened just before the 4k. Mine did it at 2k so I've ridden most of the British summer with 'malfunction'

·
Registered
149 Posts
One of my tail lights stopped working intermittently - I found the root cause was poor crimps in the tail light connector, so I removed the spade connectors from the plastic surrounds and resoldered - problem sorted.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My left tail light gave up a couple of weeks ago. Brake lights work tho, done the same test as everyone swapping connectors no change so a new is ordered under warranty and will be fitted in a week or so.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My malfunction message went away a few days ago and hasn't returned? "Spirit of the Bike"?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My malfunction message went away a few days ago and hasn't returned? "Spirit of the Bike"?
That's what mine did then it came back a month later and stayed in permanent until i got the pair done under warranty

·
Registered
590 Posts
Just had this same issue yesterday. Have taken the light of this morning and checked all the connections and they're all fine. Loosened off the screws that hold the internals of the light in place and jiggled the light a bit and it comes on. So I'm looking at a bad connection in the light itself. Unfortunately these lenses are glued on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow! I went to the forum to check up on the latest sprag clutch drama, and lo and behold other people are having the same rear taillight issue I'm having as well!

Same as you all, it's not a connector issue, but internal to the sealed assembly itself. Thankfully my dealer has been pretty good, and they have a replacement unit on order, but it's been 3 weeks . . .

1 - 20 of 32 Posts