MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much anticipation my 2006 F4 has arrived...what a beauty :yo:!

I planned on buying integrated rear blinkers and use the brake lights for them, but to my surprise it was already done. Problem is, they are backwards. Front left blinker works great, but the rear right is blinking. And opposite for the other side :thewife:.

I'm sure this is an easy fix, and it's probably posted somewhere in this forum. If so, could someone shoot me the link? If not, where do I look to reverse the rear blinker polarity?

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
It must be wired backwards under the seat section. Should have lines running for the brake light and two different ones for the turn signals. Lift your tail section up to see how they spaced the wires together. I used a quick release on mine to make it easier to remove the tail section and not have to mess with the wires every time.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Like Andrew said, probably just plugged up backwards. Unless the PO did something crazy there are 3 water resistant connectors on the right hand side under the seat next to the relay. One for the plate light and two for the turn signals. Just gotta swap those.

I also marked one set with a silver pen to make it easier.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Before I go cutting wires, I just want to be sure I know exactly which ones we're referring to. I took some pics of 1) directly under the tail 2) mid way under the tail and 3) under the seat. The colors all change along the way so it's tricky for me to know exactly which wires end up where. I can take some close up or different pics if you guys would like and post them.

Ideally I'd like to get these fixed prior to taking her out to far from home. Sorry for such large pictures...wasn't sure how else to do it...

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
If you look at the last picture, it's the two plugs in the middle of the photo, the ones with the red and white wires. Just swap those.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, that was ridiculously simple. no cutting or re-splicing..just swapped the quick connects. you guys rock..thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts