MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if you can get indicators that fit in the vents on the rear seat unit? I have seen the emoto version and I am not too keen, as they look untidy. I am after something that fits the holes properly.

·
Registered
328 Posts
sandybandy said:
Does anybody know if you can get indicators that fit in the vents on the rear seat unit? I have seen the emoto version and I am not too keen, as they look untidy. I am after something that fits the holes properly.
I agree, the indicators on my bike are not really well fit into the vents. I'll have to assume they are the emoto ones since the previous owner installed them. I'll be interested to see if there are better kits out there.

EDIT: My rear light kit is not the emoto one, I'm a jerk.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Here is an idea from Stradaboy's F4...He took the STOCK rear signals and mounted them under the tail section to the sub frame using standard hose-clamps. He is using the bolts from the stock signal units in place of each hose-clamp screw, and has mounted them to the sub-frame rails in front of where the tail section vents are when the tail is lowered into place. You know you will be in the right location if the tail JUST squeezes over the ends of the signals as it is lowered. The effect is very cool. When his signals are on, the vent is completeley filled with orange light, very easy to see. Looks like a very simple installation, and much brighter than any of the LED solutions I have seen.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
90 Posts
Go to Pirates Lair site (piratesk12site.net) and he has a really functional and beautiful set up for the blinkers and tail light. He has the setup on his F4 750. Check it out. It maybe what you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
hi guys, just in case you havent seen the ones on ebay, a company does a rear light which has intergrated indicators. They do smoked ones ones as well which looks cool if you have a nero like me. When indicating, it flicks from red to orange and is very visible. i think it makes the rear of the bike.
HTH
Also, while im here, how do you get the number plate holder off? do i really have to remove the exhausts? Seems to thick to pull between the pipes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have seen the integrated back lights. emoto also sell them. The only problem is that they are light grey colour when turned off. Call me too fussy but I think the standard red lights look best on a red back end. If I had a silver F4 then I would get them.

·
Registered
803 Posts
sandybandy said:
I have seen the integrated back lights. emoto also sell them. The only problem is that they are light grey colour when turned off. Call me too fussy but I think the standard red lights look best on a red back end. If I had a silver F4 then I would get them.
Did you guys see, eMoto now sell's the same integrated tail lights with a smoked lens. The smoke is much darker then the clear which you says looks grey. I think the smoke will look nice with the black tail on the Brutale (maybe not so much for the F4). Emoto, do you have any pictures of the smoked one mounted? I'm also a little concerned that it will not be as bright as the clear lens. Can you comment on this. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
i'll take some pics tonight of my smoked ones on and off, they are plenty clear enough as they use LED's in stead of the standard bulbs, i would say they are brighter then standard. Especially when the indicators are on.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I will post pics of my plate relocator with LED turn signals and bolt lights (so you can see the plate at night)that I made. Its aluminum plate and it mounts up to the stock underseat location.
I have the clear intergrated signal on the 750, but you get some "bleed through". For instance if the left signal is on, it looks like they are both on if your looking at it from the right hand side at certain angles. But it looks great.

·
Registered
803 Posts
MV05 EXY said:
i'll take some pics tonight of my smoked ones on and off, they are plenty clear enough as they use LED's in stead of the standard bulbs, i would say they are brighter then standard. Especially when the indicators are on.
PLEASE PLEASE :hump: Also take some shots of how they look with the lights off.

·
Registered
785 Posts
psperl said:
I agree, the indicators on my bike are not really well fit into the vents. I'll have to assume they are the emoto ones since the previous owner installed them. I'll be interested to see if there are better kits out there.
Doubt it is our kit as we only recently bought it to market after we made it a simple to fit plug and play item.

Our kit contains 2 halogen billet indicators, a proper mount for each of the indicators, wiring with the correct MV connectors (no need for you to chop and cut), our kit simply plugs in and attaches under the seat on the mounts already present on the subframe, fitting takes literally 10-20 minutes.

Nothing untidy about it, fit is perfect and these can actually be seen from behind. These fit exactly behind the two seat vents, we use this product on our own MVs here, and they do work.

The beauty of our kits is the fact that no chopping of any wiring is required, making it a tidy mod.

·
Registered
328 Posts
eMoto UK said:
Doubt it is our kit as we only recently bought it to market after we made it a simple to fit plug and play item.

Our kit contains 2 halogen billet indicators, a proper mount for each of the indicators, wiring with the correct MV connectors (no need for you to chop and cut), our kit simply plugs in and attaches under the seat on the mounts already present on the subframe, fitting takes literally 10-20 minutes.

Nothing untidy about it, fit is perfect and these can actually be seen from behind. These fit exactly behind the two seat vents, we use this product on our own MVs here, and they do work.

The beauty of our kits is the fact that no chopping of any wiring is required, making it a tidy mod.
Yeah, its not your kit. So then I have no idea where mine came from. My bike has the stock indicators on brackets similiar to those in your photo.

Sorry for opening my mouth without knowing for sure.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I've been inspired to updated my rear blinkers as one of my buddys complained that the LEDs (ver 1.0) were not bright enough when the sun is in your eyes.

Here is the updated LED blinkers (ver 2.0), as you can see I've used 15 hi-bright orange LEDs (50k mcd) instead of two LEDs. I am still using a diffuser infront of the LEDs.

The shot was taken using a compact canon camera. I've taken the picture from a distance of about 28m (length of my house) without zoom. Sorry I can't take pictures for sh!t.

I've made sure that the sun was shining towards the camera ala in your eyes, so I assume its the worse case scenario.

I still need to clean up the PCB edges as they are still rough.

PS : how come the red looks orange when taking a shot in bright sunlight with a digicamera.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
ok, sorry about the delay in getting the pics on here. Here you are tho, first one is off the left in dicator on obviously, second is with lights off.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
MV05 EXY said:
hi guys, just in case you havent seen the ones on ebay, a company does a rear light which has intergrated indicators. They do smoked ones ones as well which looks cool if you have a nero like me. When indicating, it flicks from red to orange and is very visible. i think it makes the rear of the bike.
HTH
Also, while im here, how do you get the number plate holder off? do i really have to remove the exhausts? Seems to thick to pull between the pipes.
You need to remove the ecu, there are 3 bolts underneath it, if you take the little plate off that joins the two silencers together you will be able to wiggle the plate holder out, after of course you have also undone the wiring connections :)
I have just put a "smoked" rear lamp in my "R" I didn't think emoto sold them and did the ebay one, looks real good with the black paint job, Now come on Dan/Jonathan, we now need smoked front and rear indicator lenses :stickpoke

·
Registered
785 Posts
mikef4uk said:
You need to remove the ecu, there are 3 bolts underneath it, if you take the little plate off that joins the two silencers together you will be able to wiggle the plate holder out, after of course you have also undone the wiring connections :)
I have just put a "smoked" rear lamp in my "R" I didn't think emoto sold them and did the ebay one, looks real good with the black paint job, Now come on Dan/Jonathan, we now need smoked front and rear indicator lenses :stickpoke
Front + rear smoked lenses will be here next week. :yo:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts