MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening All,

Hopefully someone can assist.

The previous owner of my turismo had moved the number plate up under the seat however as I am adding panniers this needs to be put back to standard.

Can anyone take some pictures of the cable route which is underneath the swingarm.

My main confusion is as to where the connecting plugs join and where they are hidden (they are white connectors) I assume they'd hold be hidden somewhere?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers:thewife:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi Turismo2015,

here a Pic how the wire goes... arrow marks connector to the main. The swingarm is held with 3 screws, 2 are very long... 1 normal. Direct below are the connectors hiding with a plate and two screws.
see pic....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Nice comprehensive answer Gero.

If you have to remove the hub pinch bolts for any reason, not sure if the previous owner removed the bracket and rear mudguard, be sure to use a torque wrench, you can damage the hub by overtightening. Expensive to put right.

The technician at my local dealer checked my chain the other day. Pretty sure he said 30Nm but best to verify this. Might need to speak to a dealer to find out as I couldn't find it in the handbook apart from it saying it's stated on a label on the swing-arm... The only one on my TV is about chain slack being 108mm, no torque values.

No workshop manual available for this model yet.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Bumpkin. Regarding torque settings. As you say there is no TV workshop manual. I have downloaded the Brutale workshop manual. I am presuming the engine casing torques should be the same? I am fitting some engine case protectors. I also checked the Brutale pinch bolt torque settings and it set to 28-32 N-m.

·
Super Moderator
21,400 Posts
Mick, the 800 series should share the same bolt torque values.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Nice comprehensive answer Gero.

If you have to remove the hub pinch bolts for any reason, not sure if the previous owner removed the bracket and rear mudguard, be sure to use a torque wrench, you can damage the hub by overtightening. Expensive to put right.

The technician at my local dealer checked my chain the other day. Pretty sure he said 30Nm but best to verify this. Might need to speak to a dealer to find out as I couldn't find it in the handbook apart from it saying it's stated on a label on the swing-arm... The only one on my TV is about chain slack being 108mm, no torque values.

No workshop manual available for this model yet.
Bumpkin the sticker on the Dragster is just beside those pinch bolts, says 28-32NM as Mickr69 mentions, maybe the sticker is down there somewhere on the TV ?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Mick, the 800 series should share the same bolt torque values.
Thanks Chuck, it's the same as all other new models, every second owner thinks his bike is the first ever with everything new and never bother looking at other Workshop manuals.

·
Super Moderator
21,400 Posts
Manuals are for sissies....

·
Registered
769 Posts
Hi!

Manuals are for sissies....
That is what I thought initially when starting to change my TV rear indicators aka "aquarium bulb not design to fit any blinking neon fish of the market". Did unmount the rear wheel, started to dig in the license plate holder, succeed to change the indicators with some difficulties (nothing is thought like a MV), finally succeed to mount everything back (took quite a bit of time). Then plugged my new indicators, and the license plate light. That is when I noticed that the license plate light doesn't work anymore. I'll have to do this again :)

Hi Turismo2015,

here a Pic how the wire goes... arrow marks connector to the main. The swingarm is held with 3 screws, 2 are very long... 1 normal. Direct below are the connectors hiding with a plate and two screws.
see pic....
Gero HH, this is very useful pics I should have looked into before starting, as it could have saved my license plate light, as I'm quite sure the cause is that I pinched the wire somewhere. OEM right indicator still working with no water inside, but the left is definitely dead. Will use the wire to try to save the license plate light and do it in a way to avoid pinching the wire this time.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Repaired the license plate light. It works better when you have the proper wiring path :-D
Update: Everything seemed working well. Blinkers, license plate light. Only seemed. I did not started the engine. Later, with engine started, I noticed that the left blinker was blinking faster than the right one. Had a bit of thought. Did not started the engine after having seen the license plate light was faulty: few chance that it is the flasher unit making this. Left blinker cable slightly pinched probably. Unmount for the third time. Found the faulty cable, used some thermo auto weld, and repaired the blinker cable (and did the same for all cables as I needed to wrap them in a thermo retractable tube. Remount everything (third time). Made the unmount, fix cable and remount in about one hour and a quarter. Everything works now.

Lessons learned:
- Have a look at where the cable goes in the manual can't be a bad idea
- have a look at the sequence of unmount/remount in the manual can't be a bad idea.
- Probably won't have to look at the manual again if ever I need to change one of the rear blinker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts