MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats your thoughts / comment on rear huggers? There are some nice carbon ones on the market, but dose it spoil the rear end? Has anyone fitted one and has photo?

What are the fitting requirements? Do all of the aftermarket ones rewuire drilling the swingarm?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got one on my bike when i bought it, it rubbed on the back wheel alot. It bolted into the chain guard and didn't need any holes drilled. Last weekend my friend put a washer ander the guard which you cannot see and fixed it completely, it doesn't rub at all.

Cant send photos on this computer though

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dr, was it a carbon hugger, and did it protect your exhaust and shock from road crap and the like, some school of thought is that whilst it offers some protection, it messes with the asthetics?

·
Registered
56 Posts
It is definately a carbon hugger, i wouldn't know how much protection it gives my underside cause i've never taken it off. As it rubbed it did take stones out of my tread well. I don't get much road grime up near the shocky or front of exhaust but i still get some at the rear of the exhaust where there is no hugger protection. So i guess it works. It looks pretty good too, very close to the tyre so doesn't change the asthetics much at all.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you go to my profile you'll see 2 photos showing the hugger. Doesn't spoil the looks at all and DOES keep crap out. When first fitted it rubbed on the rear tyre - I just packed it up with a rubber pad and hey presto !!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just realised you can't see the pickies from my profile. They are in the Registry. I'm the last entry under F4S 750 EVO3.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Rick GM said:
If you go to my profile you'll see 2 photos showing the hugger. Doesn't spoil the looks at all and DOES keep crap out. When first fitted it rubbed on the rear tyre - I just packed it up with a rubber pad and hey presto !!
Did you get it from Fast By Ferracci? I want to get one for my bike, and I saw your picture right below mine. It looks awesome.
You also note that your bike cuts off when you come to a stop. I have the same problem. I also hear a "sneezing" sound coming from the negine when it is at idle.
Have you fixed the issue? what was it?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks great! Was it a MV Special Parts item?
I have ordered one from MV, but not sure what it looks like, I mean I have seen pictures, but was worried about the length...if its too long, I think it dose not look all that good. But yours is sweet...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had the same problem with my hugger rubbing the tire. Like the other guy, I just placed a rubber grommet underneath and havent had a problem since. Looks great!!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, looks very good, I have already added quite a few carbon bits, so decided to go with the hugger in carbon as well! Its on order, can't wait...

·
Registered
90 Posts
MarcoM3 and agusta 01, sorry for not replying earlier. 1st, I'm not entirely sure where the hugger came from, Just Blades near Doncaster (England) fitted it for me. As for the cutting out problem - no it isn't sorted - I'm hoping that it will sort itself - and to answer your question MarcoM3, I haven't heard any strange noises - and don't want to !!!!!
If Admin reads these posts, how about an automatic e-mail when someone posts in a topic that you've contributed to. Some forums do this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts