MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a genuine rear hugger from MV a few months ago and have only now decided to fit it, does anyone know the correct fasteners to use?
My lacal dealer didn't even realise you had to drill the swing arm. Any suggestions or tips will be helpfull. Thanks.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Did you mean rear mudgard ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought myself one for about a month ago. Very satisfied with it. I got mine from http://www.worldofqbcarbon.com/

I prepared for a long day in the garage when I received the fender, but it took 10 minutes! Very easy to do.

I can show some picture of it tomorrow, in my profile; brutale

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Is it safe to drill into the swingarm? From a structural point of view... I thought this was a real no no...

Graham

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hugger

You can get several different designs of hugger. Casoli, Qb Carbon both supply Huggers that don't need any drilling of the swing arm and can be fitted in minutes. I've had both types on previous bikes and they were both fine.
There is an MV Corse factory product but you have to drill the swing arm to fit it, the dealer I spoke to said its a job that they don't like doing, but structurally it's OK.
I've been told that newer bikes already have the holes pre drilled and that the Tamburini comes with the hugger fitted.
I have a 04 model with no holes.
You can also usually find several new huggers for sale on ebay from the UK US and Germany.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I just had a quick look, no holes... and mine was built 09/2005.
Just my view, but I reckon a hugger messes with the rear looks, just not the type of bike to have one I guess!

Graham

1 - 9 of 9 Posts