MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For anyone considering putting on a rear hugger. Here are some photos for you to decide how it looks...The red color on the hugger is of a slightly differently red (more bluish), but not too noticeable. I have some more photos in my newly created gallery (pending).

Attachments

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Nice!

That looks really good being all red like that. good stuff.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hello SXG - is the new rear hugger of your from eMoto? I too am looking to purchase a rear hugger from eMoto for my new silver/red 910 and can't quite decide if I should go with all carbon or their new painted silver & red hugger.
Thanks for the photos - it looks amazing - great choice for sure!

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
I like it! Matches the front, and in the photos you can't see any difference at all...We'll take your word for it...

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
+1 :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, the hugger was purchased from eMoto. Took a couple of weeks to arrive to the U.S.

·
Registered
443 Posts
DGINAZ said:
Hello SXG - is the new rear hugger of your from eMoto? I too am looking to purchase a rear hugger from eMoto for my new silver/red 910 and can't quite decide if I should go with all carbon or their new painted silver & red hugger.
Thanks for the photos - it looks amazing - great choice for sure!
Everyone has different tastes; another choice for the silver/red is the all red from eMoto. I decided the Silver/red had enough silver and I wanted to highlight the red frame. I also had no reason for the rear footpegs or "rubber flapper" so removed them.

Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
803 Posts
Carbon Fiber Baby!!!

Is it just me but the one on the first posts looks like there is a huge gap between the tire and the hugger. Mine sits very close to the tire...maybe 1/4".

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
I noticed the same thing - I just installed my new CF hugger from eMoto and I have about a 1/4" gap on the right side (pipe side), 1/4" in the middle and about a 1/2" gap on the left side.

So when you installed yours, did you use the metal bolt spacer from the plastic chain guard? I tried it, but it made the tire to hugger gap on the pipe side real tight. I then installed the hugger without the spacer and it fit and cleared much better.

Beautiful carbon fiber - high quality unit!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Mines exactly as you describe. I didn't use the spacer since it was already higher on the left side of the hugger and the spacer made it more noticeable. Without it it's barely noticable unless you are looking for it.

DGINAZ said:
I noticed the same thing - I just installed my new CF hugger from eMoto and I have about a 1/4" gap on the right side (pipe side), 1/4" in the middle and about a 1/2" gap on the left side.

So when you installed yours, did you use the metal bolt spacer from the plastic chain guard? I tried it, but it made the tire to hugger gap on the pipe side real tight. I then installed the hugger without the spacer and it fit and cleared much better.

Beautiful carbon fiber - high quality unit!

·
Registered
443 Posts
eMoto UK said:
TPadden - it looks great, enjoy!
The forward right corner of the my hugger actually touches the muffler. My suspension/ muffler is stock. No melting or damage so far but I haven't really heated it up.

Should I be concerned about damaging the hugger?

Tom

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey TPadden - mine touched as well, but with a little adjustment I was able to get it to sit clear of the pipe. What I did was loosen all the connecting hardware (2 allen bolts and one phillips at the shock mount) then positioned the hugger for best and even tire clearance (mine clears the tire by about 1/4"). I then snugged down the 2 chain side allen bolts and then focused my attention on the muffler side. There is just enough play (movement) of the hugger where the phillips screw attaches to the shock mount that you can move the hugger backward or forward as you tighten the shock mount screw to allow you to position the hugger so it will not touch the muffler.

This process took 2-3 tries to get it right and there is only a very small amount of clearance between the hugger and the muffler, but it can be done so it won't touch.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
443 Posts
DGINAZ said:
Hey TPadden - mine touched as well, but with a little adjustment I was able to get it to sit clear of the pipe. ......but it can be done so it won't touch.

Hope this helps.
I looked close and did have a little melting and red paint on the pipe- try as much as I could but never was able to reposition without touching. Decided it was Dremel time :) ! Mask taped and cut/ ground about a 1/4 - 1/2 inch from the touching corner, now it doesn't touch and looks the same.

Thanks for the help.

Tom

·
Registered
75 Posts
Tom - did you use the metal spacer that was on the plastic chair guard? I had to install my new hugger without it because the hugger would not line up properly and gave me a big gap (tire to finder) on the chain side and a real small gap on the muffler side. I think things fit and line up better when you don't use the spacer.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi Dumbcomputers! :stickpoke

Like your carbonfiber very much, and the very little space to the tire - did you get it from emoto? And which part is it?

Thanks

MikaelBrutale :naughty:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yes it's a eMoto, I got it used from a fellow member here.

It's the "Rear Hugger" model here:
http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/brutalecarbon.htm

MikaelBrutale said:
Hi Dumbcomputers! :stickpoke

Like your carbonfiber very much, and the very little space to the tire - did you get it from emoto? And which part is it?

Thanks

MikaelBrutale :naughty:

·
Registered
443 Posts
DGINAZ said:
Tom - did you use the metal spacer that was on the plastic chair guard? ..........
I left the spacer out. I'm sure hand made parts using molds etc. all have minor differences. Nothing seems to be touching now; we'll see.

Tom

1 - 20 of 20 Posts