MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snapped some photos of the trunk I mounted the other day--before all of you MV Agusta purists flame me, I have an eMoto solo tail on the way to swap out when I want to. It's a Givi E33 scooter trunk (~$100), and I think it came out pretty good... very solid, holds a lot, low profile, mounts very snug, etc.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
certainly looks better than I would have thought.... I guess if you need some space on the brute, that'll do it....

and being able to switch out the seat is kinda neat for days you don't need it....

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have heard of at least two people loosing their passenger seat. Do you think it is going to be safe enough? I can see the practicality of such a box but IMO it looks like a postman's bike with it. But thats just me thinking so it must be you to like it not me.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I could be wrong, but I thought the issues with the rear seat flying off were user error, where the 'click' wasn't verified. i could be wrong.... Didn't pay that much attention to it. Of course, I will when mine goes flying off!! :)

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Isn't this sorta like putting perfume on a pig? The perfume makes the pig smell good, but who gives a damn about a sweet smelling pig? :smoking: Juuuust Kiddin! :stickpoke

Certainly, it works, and I'm sure it works well, but....I'll just keep using my backpack.

·
Administrator
20,346 Posts
I have a Cortech tail bag, in Red, that hooks on with soft bungees, has a triangular shape and a very soft protective under surface. I'll post a photo later. Works great and no mods needed. And I think it looks pretty good for a piece of luggage.

And kind of hides the scuffs on the pillion I neglected to latch down properly the other day:eek:. yes...that was MY mistake.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also have a cortech sport tail bag. Mine a black and looks pretty natural on the bike. I highly recommend it for those who need some storage on day trips. This Guvi set up looks a little unnatural to me. Think of a super model with a giant wart on her nose. Sorry. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Randarosa said:
Tom: This looks really cool. Do you need to be concerned that the straps might scratch the tail section paint? ....
It's been on and off for about 3 months and 2,500 miles with no scratches/ problems. It's great for small items, a clear shield, jacket liner, etc. About what goes in a medium sized tank bag.

The rear loop just goes abound the tail and then velcro the side straps - really only takes me 5 seconds .....

Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all of the feedback... I guess some background would help. I sold my BMWR1150GS and RC51 to get one bike... I don't plan on touring with the MV, but I do like having some luggage to run errands for the wife and new baby. I can also now wear my Aerostich, and stuff it in the trunk when I get off. More background is here: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259940

It seems very secure, and I have to push down on the seat VERY hard to get it to click. Seems rock solid.

Yeah, it is more difficult getting on. I've tried the Valentino leg-over-the-tank method, but no worky. :laughing: I have to step through to get on, which isn't hard given the size of this bike. And I don't normally have the trunk on unless I'm getting groceries or riding far. My 200 miles down Hwy1 was great, because I had a sweater, visor, food, water, and I never knew it was back there until I got off.

Okay, eMoto, where's my CF seat?????? :confused:

·
Administrator
20,346 Posts
Here's a shot of my cortech sport bag. It expands with zippers on either side when more room is needed. On and off in a blink. Won't hold a helmet, but plenty of room for other stuff. Backpack straps and rain cover included. I like it, and don't think it detracts too badly from the bike's appearance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
For a bag/trunk, I think it looks swank for what it is. Not all the gawdy straps hooking everywhere...

And, if you have a solo/spare seat, why not have a cleaner looking one like shown. Sure, the passenger seat has holes in it now, but like I said, you have a spare, so who cares. I think it looks good for what it is.

Also, all those rear seats flying off were from user error, not verifying it clicked. But you'de have no need to EVER use the "stock trunk" if you have that huge trunk...so once it's verified on there and clicked in, you'll never have to worry about it again...

·
Registered
917 Posts
Question regarding the Cortech Bag- to what do you attach the bungee straps? I like the bag and am considering one, but when I was checking out the back of the Brute, I didn't see attachment points that I trusted. I ended up looping straps under the rear seat to hold a backpack- old school, but it worked.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did some operational testing tonight... seems to work fine.

·
Administrator
20,346 Posts
My Cortech bag is hooked to the pillion peg brackets at the front and looped under the fender and hooked together at the back. Works just fine. Very secure and no abrasion damage aywhere.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I did something very similar.

I have a Givi V45 on my Brutale, bolted to the original rear seat, which was freed up for the purpose when I got the gel seats from EMoto. It takes 30 seconds to swap seats to go back to the original look.

I simply cut a round hole in the seat. scooped out an appropriate amount of foam, drilled three holes, and secured the top case with three bolts. It's worked just fine for months now.

svracer said:
Snapped some photos of the trunk I mounted the other day--before all of you MV Agusta purists flame me, I have an eMoto solo tail on the way to swap out when I want to. It's a Givi E33 scooter trunk (~$100), and I think it came out pretty good... very solid, holds a lot, low profile, mounts very snug, etc.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts