MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is a 2018 dragster

I’m reinstalling the tank but there are these two nuts within a little bracket that fell onto the rear undertray.

I retrieved the two nuts but I’m having a hard time putting where they go.

Do they face downwards like the first photo are upwards like the second photo.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,312 Posts
Using the B3 Workshop manual it appears the hose on the right goes to the Evaporative Emissions System....if you are a US bike.

1.JPG

The Fuel Tank Retaining Nuts clip in UNDER the frame.

2.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Using the B3 Workshop manual it appears the hose on the right goes to the Evaporative Emissions System....if you are a US bike.

View attachment 455035

The Fuel Tank Retaining Nuts clip in UNDER the frame.

View attachment 455037
Thank you very much! Last night I had some gas leaking from the right fuel tank nipple which had me believing that it’s the fuel overflow and the left nipple is the evaporative emissions hose.

·
Super Moderator
22,312 Posts
If you have fuel leaking from that right nipple, you have a tank issue.

Think about how the bike sits on the side stand and the nipple arrangement makes sense.

·
Super Moderator
22,312 Posts
The gas tank is also currently full
I'll say it again: You have a fuel tank internal issue. It should not leak from that right side nipple as that would indicate raw fuel going into your charcoal canister. Fuelion that canister will cause poor running as it affects air flow into the engine.

The drain lines and vent lines are molded into the tank shell. (Look inside and you will see no lines.) Leakage indicates ethanol damage and is covered under warranty.

Having a full fuel tank...unless SEVERELY overfilled, should not cause fuel to go down that evap line.

·
Administrator
19,805 Posts
If your tank is filled to the brim..... up into the fill tube under the cap...expanding fuel from heat will force raw fuel through the vent and down the hose to the evap can.

Never fill your tank up into the fill tube.

Reactions: YJP
1 - 9 of 9 Posts