MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to carrying out preventative maintenance and bearing swap on the rear hub of Sharon's Brutale S. It looks like it was just in time too, as the bearing showed a lot of heat marks on the outside and inside, and also the bearing feels 'ratchety' when turning by hand!
Doing the bearing swap was actually pretty straightforward, and thinking about doing it was worse than just getting on with it. I couldn't have done it at all without the help and tips I got from this Forum.
A special thank you to a few people;
Noel 'theknurl' for supplying the new bearing at a brilliant price, and a great tip of grinding down the outer face of an old bearing to help recess the new one.
To Brian 'BG Wells', for his advice and idea's on making my own bearing press (it actually worked !!!!!), although what I've made is a poor relation to what Brian manages to manufacture.
Also to all the Forum members who bother to post answers to my questions or post their own experiences. Respect.

Cheers guys,

Dave.

·
Vendor
5,641 Posts
Glad it's all worked out for you.The 2 guys you mentioned,one has a wealth of knowledge and would bend over backwards to help anyone and the other is a true craftsman.You couldn't be in better hands.:)

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Finally got around to carrying out preventative maintenance and bearing swap on the rear hub of Sharon's Brutale S. It looks like it was just in time too, as the bearing showed a lot of heat marks on the outside and inside, and also the bearing feels 'ratchety' when turning by hand!
Doing the bearing swap was actually pretty straightforward, and thinking about doing it was worse than just getting on with it. I couldn't have done it at all without the help and tips I got from this Forum.
A special thank you to a few people;
Noel 'theknurl' for supplying the new bearing at a brilliant price, and a great tip of grinding down the outer face of an old bearing to help recess the new one.
To Brian 'BG Wells', for his advice and idea's on making my own bearing press (it actually worked !!!!!), although what I've made is a poor relation to what Brian manages to manufacture.
Also to all the Forum members who bother to post answers to my questions or post their own experiences. Respect.

Cheers guys,

Dave.
Glad it's all worked out for you.The 2 guys you mentioned,one has a wealth of knowledge and would bend over backwards to help anyone and the other is a true craftsman.You couldn't be in better hands.:)
Thanks Dave and Mitch.....,really glad it worked out well.
It is very satisfying when you have ..'had a go' .. and it has been a success!
Thank you both for your kind comments...much appreciated.
Brian:)

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
?

Dave;
glad I could help thank you for the kind comment and you too Mitch :drummer::drummer:

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Great job you all guys!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the help of this forum, I'm planning on 'having a go' at a lot more things. I'll only be putting our bikes into the dealer for valve clearance checks or any major electrical problems. Partly to keep the costs down, but also because I really enjoy tinkering and working on the bikes.
Once again, thanks to you all for all the help and stories, some funny and some cringeworthy!

Dave.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts