MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to replace the tires on my 2019 Dragster RC a few days. I took the rear wheel axle nut off with a impact gun.

I tightened the nut to 170 nm ( my torque wrench does not go any higher) and this is how far off the witness marks are.

There are also two witness marks on the rear axle nut ( the two yellow marks on the left).

I rode the bike to a ducati dealership to so they could torque the axle nut to 220 nm but the witness marks are still pretty far off.

They backed the nut off and then hand tightened as much as they could then applied the torque wrench.

Not understanding how it could be this far off.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,472 Posts
Where did you apply lube/neverseez?

Reactions: esq'z me

·
Super Moderator
22,472 Posts
None on the angled face, right?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had to replace the tires on my 2019 Dragster RC a few days. I took the rear wheel axle nut off with a impact gun.

I tightened the nut to 170 nm ( my torque wrench does not go any higher) and this is how far off the witness marks are.

There are also two witness marks on the rear axle nut ( the two yellow marks on the left).

I rode the bike to a ducati dealership to so they could torque the axle nut to 220 nm but the witness marks are still pretty far off.

They backed the nut off and then hand tightened as much as they could then applied the torque wrench.

Not understanding how it could be this far off.
Probably, you didn't install the rear wheel in the same position has it was before. You can install it in three more diferent position.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Do you know that the nut was correctly torqued when the witness marks were made?

·
Super Moderator
22,472 Posts
I think @Panchomeneguzi and @Akorenika have it right. The wheel can index into several positions on the axle. The witness marks need to be on items that don't change in relationship, i.e. the axle and the nut.

·
Super Moderator
22,472 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you know that the nut was correctly torqued when the witness marks were made?
I figured they were from the factory. Anyway I torqued the wheel to the proper torque. It should be all good.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Those marks are from the factory.
What I'm saying is this. If you want paint marks that line up again ( I don't by the way) you can't use the rim and the nut as the rim can go on in a number of positions. What you can do is mark up the nut and the axle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts