MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Buy the tool to remove the rear wheel. Anyone know how to do it in detail?
And the front wheel? Thank you

·
Administrator
18,827 Posts
On the rear wheel it is a simple as removing the retaining clip and the big nut. Don't forget it is left hand thread, so loosen clockwise.!!!!

The front requires removing the brake calipers, loosen axle pinch bolts in fork lowers and unscrew the axle.

The problem is how to support the front end while removing the wheel. Special stand required, or use straps and hang it from some overhead point.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have read in this forum, when loosening the wheel nut, to use the rear brake to lock the wheel.
DO NOT USE THE TRANSMISSION GEARS.

A mechanics 1/2 inch drive, air or electric, impact wrench is the easiest way to loosen the rear wheel nut.

Also pay close attention to the service manual installation instructions when returning the wheel to the bike.

·
Registered
605 Posts
You can put your bike up on the centerstand, and rock the tail end back, so the rear tire is on the ground and the front is up. You are on your own on how to keep it that way. I can tie it down to an anchor in my garage if I need to, but a front stand that lifts from the steering head is best.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have read in this forum, when loosening the wheel nut, to use the rear brake to lock the wheel.
DO NOT USE THE TRANSMISSION GEARS.

A mechanics 1/2 inch drive, air or electric, impact wrench is the easiest way to loosen the rear wheel nut.

Also pay close attention to the service manual installation instructions when returning the wheel to the bike.
Yes, better follow the instructions in the manual
Thank you

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can put your bike up on the centerstand, and rock the tail end back, so the rear tire is on the ground and the front is up. You are on your own on how to keep it that way. I can tie it down to an anchor in my garage if I need to, but a front stand that lifts from the steering head is best.
Thank you very much for your advice

·
Administrator
18,827 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts