MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you ever wish for something and when you get it it just didnt live up to expectations? Well I purchased my Mv (feb 09) after 10 years of dreaming about it. Its the first time ever that reality was actually better than the dream! I had a 929 Fireblade and was always very happy with it, but dropped it when trying to jump start it scuffing the side. I was p****d off and said to my wife I need a new bike. So I started looking round for a new superbike (didnt even bother thinking about the MV as I thought it was out of my price range). None flooded my boat, wanted something to blow my socks off. Tried the new fireblade and didnt connect with it all, thought it lacked character. Then my wife said why not buy an MV as you never shut up about them, great wife eh? One week later I have my new baby in the garage! Absolutely love it.
Am I weird for constantly thinking about it? I love going out to the garage just to see it there. It brings out so many emotions when you ride it. Anyone else like this or am I a werido? :)

·
The Machinist
2,448 Posts
Do you ever wish for something and when you get it it just didnt live up to expectations? Well I purchased my Mv (feb 09) after 10 years of dreaming about it. Its the first time ever that reality was actually better than the dream! I had a 929 Fireblade and was always very happy with it, but dropped it when trying to jump start it scuffing the side. I was p****d off and said to my wife I need a new bike. So I started looking round for a new superbike (didnt even bother thinking about the MV as I thought it was out of my price range). None flooded my boat, wanted something to blow my socks off. Tried the new fireblade and didnt connect with it all, thought it lacked character. Then my wife said why not buy an MV as you never shut up about them, great wife eh? One week later I have my new baby in the garage! Absolutely love it.
Am I weird for constantly thinking about it? I love going out to the garage just to see it there. It brings out so many emotions when you ride it. Anyone else like this or am I a werido? :)

Fantastic! Great decision and great wife for recommending your dream bike. Welcome to the forum, and no your not weird at all. I go and look at my bikes in the garage every day. :naughty:

·
Administrator
18,850 Posts
I open the garage door to take a last look before bed most every night.....but, I HAVE been accused of being weird :tongue:

:koolaid:

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Whenever I go out (or return) on foot or bicycle, I make a point of making the slight detour past my Millesettantotto in the underground carpark. Just did it as a matter of fact. Pure eye candy. :f4: :f4: :f4:

What F4 did you get?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the 1000r. I know its only plastic and and various metals but its seems alive to me! Just love the sound of it as I leave my house. The attention it gets is unbelieveable! I am also close to the Ulster Grand Prix circuit which if anyone knows is basically a race on the open road here in Ireland. Love racing round against other random people, have never been beat (not blowing my own trumpet here) before I got the MV, and I dont think I will be anytime soon since I got the MV. Its rock solid and the power is brilliant.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
It's Monday tomorrow and I've got to go to work. It's raining and the boss will want me to find some errors in a database - as well as my own DB work. He's submitted my name for a course on Freedom Of Information disclosure.
Never mind, I've got an MV in the garage. It's not all bad.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Nothing wrong with thinking about it all the time. Hell I think about Randy all the time and comes the Bubbalicious my dream will become a reality.:piss: off Thompson.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Definitely better than the dream!!
I waited 15 months after placing my deposit for my 1078RR and when its not in the lounge room I cant walk past the garage without checking in on it.
I've had some nice toys in the past, but nothing so far as lived up to the pride and joy of owning an MV.
We took the MV and the Ducati 1098S Triclore out yesterday and stopped at a nice cafe on the coast, when a BMW tourer parked next to us. He admired the bikes for a while then walked up to where we were sitting and said "he was honored to park next to those bikes, especially the MV having not seen many outside of Europe and never yet a F4 1078RR"

Living the dream....!!

:f4:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts