MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Anyone here revalve there 50mm forks and change a after market springs?????
Anyone Know where i can get racetech gold Valve???? do they make them at all????

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Phil, Did you try calling Dynotime ?

They did the Eibach springs etc for my 600RR, although MV may be too much for them.

Otherwise I would speak to the work shop at Moto Arena on the gold coast....they assist the race teams and would be able to help.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Race Tech did some Gold Valves for my 2000 F4 (Showas). They hadn't seen any before, but were willing to do the R&D on my set. They worked beautifully right out of the box.

I read some time back that someone here was sending his Marzocchis to them. I'd call them directly and see what they say. The MV will be low volume regardless, so might not make the catalogs.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey broms, Dynotime doesn`t wanna know anything about it!! its hard to find any parts for the MV
( in Perth )..
If u can speak to Moto Arena for me!!! that would be Great!!! Thanks Broms
Yeah Racetech is not doin any valve for the MV 50mm... like u said its a Low Volume..
SUKKKKSS!!!!
Marzocchi is abit too soft for my liking!!!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Too soft!!! your joking right!!!
I found it way too hard for my weight for fast twisty street riding.

Aftermarket parts does not exist (or bloody hard to get my hand on them in Aussie). I changed to a lighter oil weight instead of trying to get parts that no one carries.

Good luck.

Hey broms, Dynotime doesn`t wanna know anything about it!! its hard to find any parts for the MV
( in Perth )..
If u can speak to Moto Arena for me!!! that would be Great!!! Thanks Broms
Yeah Racetech is not doin any valve for the MV 50mm... like u said its a Low Volume..
SUKKKKSS!!!!
Marzocchi is abit too soft for my liking!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone know whats the factory weight oil use in the 50mm????

Thanks Broms for Everything!!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
F4S (MY04-05): 665cc, SAE 7,5

Why do you need to re-valve the forks? There is a big positive argumentation about the front end of the MV! (http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13858)
Thanks, for that!! i just dont like the front end of the MV, been trying to adjust the 50mm around n its just not working for me!!!
this is my setting
front pre load 6.5 turns
rebound 7 clicks out
compression 3 clicks out

Got my self a pair of WP Spring kit!! Maybe run a bit thicker oil.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Thanks, for that!! i just dont like the front end of the MV, been trying to adjust the 50mm around n its just not working for me!!!
this is my setting
front pre load 6.5 turns
rebound 7 clicks out
compression 3 clicks out

Hallo Vee2. Just my way:
Clicks and turns on itself don’t mean anything. You have to understand the behaviour of the bike as a whole. Pre-load and ride height have to do with the “transfer of the loads” – the bias. Compression and rebound have to do with the speed how to control that bias, and the ratio: compression to rebound, has to do with traction.

I hope it helps.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
this is my setting
front pre load 6.5 turns
rebound 7 clicks out
compression 3 clicks out

3clicks out for compression and 7 out for rebound :wtf:

I'm at work now, but I will send you some settings to try when I get home. How much do you weigh?

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Ok, here's what I have as a street baseline. Still a work in progress but pretty decent on a wide variety of roads. I am 185lbs right now (no gear, light clothing).

Front:
Rider Sag 1 1/4"
Preload 9 turns in from full out
Compression 9 turns out from full stiff
Rebound 12 turns out from full stiff

Rear:
Rider Sag 1 1/8"
Preload 6 turns in from full out
Compression LS 19 clicks out from full stiff
Compression HS 2 clicks in from full soft
Rebound 16 clicks out from full stiff

Try it and see what you think. I think these are pretty decent for street riding although I am still working on improving front end feel. Stock the suspension is very stiff and I found I wasn't even utilizing all of the travel. The ride was very harsh over anything worse than billard table smooth. Your results may vary:f4:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, here's what I have as a street baseline. Still a work in progress but pretty decent on a wide variety of roads. I am 185lbs right now (no gear, light clothing).

Front:
Rider Sag 1 1/4"

Rear:
Rider Sag 1 1/8"

Try it and see what you think. I think these are pretty decent for street riding although I am still working on improving front end feel. Stock the suspension is very stiff and I found I wasn't even utilizing all of the travel. The ride was very harsh over anything worse than billard table smooth. Your results may vary:f4:
Sure i give it a try!!! My weight with gear should be around 76kg.
i do use all the travel from the fork with my setting. and some times i do bottom out!!! the bike has only done 4500k`s... it hasn`t even been into second service yet.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Sure i give it a try!!! My weight with gear should be around 76kg.
i do use all the travel from the fork with my setting. and some times i do bottom out!!! the bike has only done 4500k`s... it hasn`t even been into second service yet.
One thing that may be happening is that the amount of rebound damping you are using will keep the forks down in the stroke. So what happens is that when the wheel hits a bump the fork is compressed but it doesn't immediately extend fully. The next bump compresses the forks and again it doesn't extend fully. The end result is that the fork essentially ratchets down even though the spring rate is correct. Try the settings and see if they work for you. If not I wouldn't switch oil weight to prevent the bottoming, I would run a higher oil level.

·
Registered
571 Posts

Front:
Rider Sag 1 1/4"

Preaload 9 turns in, out of 10? Ultra hard? My approached is the opposite, quick reaction of the spring (soft preload) & controlled movement (slow compression and rebound).

My settings for street ride (100 Kgr, tyres Bridestone Batlax 002-SC2/3) are:
Ride height raised by 2 turns, Wheels base shortened by 5mm
Front: Preload-4 turns, Compression-6 clicks, Rebound-8 clicks (standard settings)
Rear: Preload-4 turns, Compression-H6/L12 clicks, Rebound-14 clicks (standard settings)

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
The preload simply compensates for different rider weights. The spring rate isn't changed. What I look for is the correct preload to achieve a specific sag, which puts the bike at a given attitude and puts the shock at a certain stroke (by shock I mean the fork and shock). I can run less preload, but the fork will be lower in the travel effectivey decreasing the amount available. There isn't much point to decreasing the range of travel.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts

Front:
Rider Sag 1 1/4"

Rear:
Rider Sag 1 1/8"

I had (still have a bit) the same problem.
No matter how i setted up the front suspensio i was never able to utilize all (almost all, because we don't want it to hit the bottom) the travel. :wtf:
Now i'm much closer to it and i hanv'en changed anything lately.
I think these suspensions really need a breaking in period, a lot more than the engines :naughty::f4:

A actually like the front as it is now, but the back is still too bumpy especially under braking.

·
Registered
571 Posts
The preload simply compensates for different rider weights. The spring rate isn't changed. What I look for is the correct preload to achieve a specific sag, which puts the bike at a given attitude and puts the shock at a certain stroke (by shock I mean the fork and shock). I can run less preload, but the fork will be lower in the travel effectivey decreasing the amount available. There isn't much point to decreasing the range of travel.
+1. Very well written!

And the weight transfer (I mean open/closing of the throttle and/or braking)? The front has to absorb all of it. By a higher preload you don’t let it, or? The "attitude" as you say, works the other way, or?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts