MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently puchased this tool from Ray Tech Automotive in Perth.
www.raytechautomotive.com Pretty good price and a great little unit. You can adjust the data smoothing. I run it around setting 4. When powering up it completes a calibration. You need to ensure you hold the throttle wide open for this. Takes less than a second. Then close the throttle and start the bike.
I have no connection with the business, it just works really well and you can tuck it in the drawer after.
White Gadget Audio equipment Font Eyelash

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Electrical wiring Automotive design

Automotive lighting Electrical wiring Motor vehicle Audio equipment Font

·
Old Wing Nut
22,695 Posts
That looks like a nice tool. I like the new electronic synch gauges much better than the fluid (or mercury back in the day) gauges, but I still haven't found an affordable one to justify replacing my old MotionPro sticks.
That Lamda reader looks very cool !!!
If I was working as a technician again, I would consider buying these. But for once a year at best, can't justify the cost..
Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Glenno

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeh, I didn't have a kit of my own already and I like to tinker. I will let you know how the Lambda tool goes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I recently puchased this tool from Ray Tech Automotive in Perth.
www.raytechautomotive.com Pretty good price and a great little unit. You can adjust the data smoothing. I run it around setting 4. When powering up it completes a calibration. You need to ensure you hold the throttle wide open for this. Takes less than a second. Then close the throttle and start the bike.
I have no connection with the business, it just works really well and you can tuck it in the drawer after.
+1 from me on this too - I bought the same earlier this year, does the job (also no affiliation with the company!)

·
Super Moderator
24,431 Posts
Nice set up!

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
Cool. I’ve been researching different versions. Wonder how the Ray Tec compares with German SYNX SYNCHRONISER"CLASSIC". The Ray Tech seems like a basic digital synchronizer. Good price.

SynX “The intake pressure over all four strokes is displayed, enabling any leaks or valve defects to be detected.”

·
Old Wing Nut
22,695 Posts
They have quite an assortment for different cylinder numbers and more.
@merc07 the lamda sensor is on this page: https://raytechautomotive.com/collections/all

Like I said, if I was still a working technician (not since the 70's :sneaky:) I would be all over this kit.
Prices aren't that bad, but I wonder about shipping to the USA?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Not sure why he would need that kit, the box with 1125 / 1.7 does the same thing and logs it along with the ecu data ?

·
Old Wing Nut
22,695 Posts
Not sure why he would need that kit, the box with 1125 / 1.7 does the same thing and logs it along with the ecu data ?
Ah...I just noticed that other little box mounted to his bike.... I was talking about the available tools from Ray Tec.

Hey @Glenno ... what's the little box mounted up under your ECU ??

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
I just email Ray Tech for an estimate for shipping to the US.

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
Just heard back from Ray at RayTech Automotive regarding shipping SynchroKing 4 to anywhere in the continental US.

Unit Costs: AU$207.90
Shipping: AU$29 Standard Australian Post / AU$48 express

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I plan to use the Lambda tool on other bikes too.
As we discussed I will wire up a Lambda sensor to your data logger for the MV in the future. For the moment I will play with this tool on the MV as it will get me in the ballpark. Mail here at the moment is rough so I haven't ordered a sensor yet.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just heard back from Ray at RayTech Automotive regarding shipping SynchroKing 4 to anywhere in the continental US.

Unit Costs: AU$207.90
Shipping: AU$29 Standard Australian Post / AU$48 express
Is that good or not? I jumped at an Australian producer because of postage costs from OS. From the US would cost me atleast double that. I would offer to onwards ship for anyone, but those Aus Post prices are pretty darn good and so is the service.

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
Yes the shipping prices are good considering the distance and all the supply chain problems.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes the shipping prices are good considering the distance and all the supply chain problems.
Just don't expect fantastic shipping times - I bought some connectors from Corsa Technic in the US and the USPS / Auspost delivery has been 6 weeks already, still waiting... I regretted not selecting the UPS option! LOL

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
Is your moto running better after using the unit

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
Here in the US Biden is trying to make headway in directing options to help free up the log jam. It’s way way too early to tell if it’ll help. The world is a mess, it’ll take time to sort out. No one country can make that much of an impact.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is your moto running better after using the unit
Was that question for me? Hard to tell, I haven't ridden the bike since feb or march. But I replaced injectors and serviced the bike so needed to balance the throttle bodies.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts