MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Had anyone here have similar experience with some rattle or loose sound in second gear only at lauching? I just did short trip ride 180km yesterday, and I heard some loose only on second gear, when I release the clutch a little quicker.

I have checked chain, front sprocket, rear sprocket, but can not find any loose or play at all. all in good condition.,Please anyone help. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I think I know what you're talking about. Have, very occasionally, experienced similar when engine is hot, possibly slipper clutch (yes, I know it's supposed to only be during extreme engine braking)?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bumpkin,

My bike happen only on second gear, when I am launching slow, but release the clutch quick, is it the clutch worn out on second gear?

·
Administrator
20,089 Posts
Only happens during a second gear launch? No other time? In that case it is the clutch making noise...and why are you launching in second gear?

And if the clutch operates normally at all other times then it is not worn out. It is simply protesting your method of using it.

Reactions: number2

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only happens during a second gear launch? No other time? In that case it is the clutch making noise...and why are you launching in second gear?

And if the clutch operates normally at all other times then it is not worn out. It is simply protesting your method of using it.
In some situation, I launch bike in second gear, and it is ok, only recently, it's make that scary sound, like the chain would coming off the bike. But I check everything is tight and in good shape, I don't know why?

·
Super Moderator
22,493 Posts
From a dead stop, the only situation I can think of for launching a bike in second gear would be if you are facing downhill on a rather steep grade.

The way you are describing your riding style is going to destroy your drivetrain in short order.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From a dead stop, the only situation I can think of for launching a bike in second gear would be if you are facing downhill on a rather steep grade.

The way you are describing your riding style is going to destroy your drivetrain in short order.
it's worth to try and report. :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
22,493 Posts
@mva2017: I like your attitude! Keep us posted on how you get along with this TV.

·
Registered
217 Posts
it's worth to try and report. :laugh:
with the quick shifter you could hammer it in 1st and tap 2nd after 5 or 10 meters with the throttle wide open.. or less if you wanted and still get the same impact as starting in 2nd.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
with the quick shifter you could hammer it in 1st and tap 2nd after 5 or 10 meters with the throttle wide open.. or less if you wanted and still get the same impact as starting in 2nd.
Understood, I try in second gear with other bike, without any problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts