MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum. I'm a moto-nut and a confirmed Italio-phile. I've been riding since my teens and have always lusted for Ducati's. My budget dictated that I always roadraced Suzuki's. My roadracing days ended a few years ago.

Currently my wife and I ride new Moto Guzzi Brevas, but I still have the need for speed and the exotic Italian stuff. I've been looking at the Ducati Sport Classics and Monsters, but yesterday I saw the Brutale 910R and last night I was barely been able to sleep.

I know this is asking the fans about the home team, but tell me - am I nuts to deplete my finances on a 910R? It'll be a second bike, one to ride when I'm feeling sporty - the Breva 1100 is my practical bike (if an Italian bike can be called practical).

·
Registered
78 Posts
I know this is asking the fans about the home team, but tell me - am I nuts to deplete my finances on a 910R? It'll be a second bike, one to ride when I'm feeling sporty - the Breva 1100 is my practical bike (if an Italian bike can be called practical).[/QUOTE]

No. Make it happen. You will not regret it. And you will get some sleep.

·
Registered
822 Posts
You raise a common question, but for me, all rationality goes out the window when its concerning motorcycles. There is nothing rational about owning a second bike, unless one of the two is always broken. This is about having fun, the real question is can you deprive your thirst for fun by NOT buying this motorcycle? Here's a suggestion, if you really dont want to spend the money, DO NOT TEST RIDE A BRUTALE, because if you do, its all over.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Here's how I rationalize it. Motorcycling may end my life. I may die doing this. So, if I'm going to risk my life riding a motorcycle, which one will it be. That narrows my choice to a very few motorcycles

·
Registered
798 Posts
Funny, you have a Breva 1100 and want a Brutale, I have a Brutale and want a Breva 1100. AirFuel and Matty will tell you, I was drooling over that bike at the IMOC ralley two weeks ago. I want to go for relaxing laid back rides occasionally, and I just can't do it on the Brutale. As much as I try sometimes, the Brutale just begs to be flogged.

BTW, sending you a PM with some questions on the Breva.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think you may be surprised at how practical the 910R will be. I had never owned a Monster/Brutale type standard but I recently chose the R over the new S4RS Monster for my more practical non vintage riding. I own ~12 bikes of all types and the R has quickly become my favorite for ALMOST ever situation. Good Luck it can serve ALL puposes.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't know if this is going to help you any. But 3 months ago I got an 06 Ninja 650R brand new. Then I went to a Ducati dealership with my cousin to pick up his S2R and I saw it her 05 Brutale S with 800 miles. I had a couple of bikes prior but when I rode it and just the look, it was love at first site. I couldn't sleep of those couple of days either until it was in my garage. So i picked it up that weekend and got rid of my ninja. No regrets. :yo:

·
Registered
922 Posts
As far as a bike goes, the Brute will please you well. Got to flog it the harder the better. As far as cleaning out the kitty, doesn't the wife remind you to be a responsible adult and save for retirement? Mine still does. If you can live with that earfull, can't see anything else stopping you. If you got the fever, the only prescription is...well...no prizes for guessing.

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more cow bell."

·
Registered
268 Posts
I know the feeling.

The Brutale is a great all around bike. But it's a backroad burner, not a touring bike. Pretty simple really. I'm surprised at what a basic, practical bike it is, just like the Monster. There's a lot of hype about Ducatis and MV's, but once you get past that the Brutale is just plain a good, honest, simple, unfaired motorcycle, kinda like an old CB400 Supersport. Nothing wrong with that.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
riding a new '07 BMW K1200GT for touring and 2-up fun...
i ask myself everyday how i'd JUSTIFY the existence of the 910R in my garage as well
in fact... last night, before riding, i stopped by and saw my parents as they were talking with 10 friends outside the theater where my mom is performing in a play....
they ALL wanted to know why i had 2 bikes.

for me...
there is NO "1 bike" to experince it all
the BRUTALE gives me something that no OTHER bike could
- pure sportbike fun in a UPright seating position
- a "stealthy" naked bike with incredible beauty and streetable prowess

get that 2nd bike
there's no "justfying it"

read this whole thread.... as i think you'll like it:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2584&highlight=rationalize

enjoy

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
77 Posts
Some Guy said:
You raise a common question, but for me, all rationality goes out the window when its concerning motorcycles. There is nothing rational about owning a second bike, unless one of the two is always broken. This is about having fun, the real question is can you deprive your thirst for fun by NOT buying this motorcycle? Here's a suggestion, if you really dont want to spend the money, DO NOT TEST RIDE A BRUTALE, because if you do, its all over.
+1!!

the brutale has always been an object of desire for me. and had been resigned as something i would probably never have the opportunity to own.

when one appeared at the dealership i work at, as a trade-in (05 in with only 300 miles) i just had to take it for a spin. my friends and husband were amazed that i was rationalizing AGAINST buying it. I didnt think it was practical or sensible because i already have a monster (which i love---ok guys -dont start bashing it too bad ;)) and a honda xr250r (for the dirt) to play on. after finding out i could steal this beauty for much less than a new triumph 675 goes, it sealed the deal. (thank god for employee pricing) my husband surprised me and put the deposit on it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I had a Brutale S. trade it for an F41000. I am the kind of people that pay 100% attention to what I have and make 100% fun of it but when i decide to trade I just decide and dont look back.
This was until I trde the brutale.
I still have the F4 but between the monter s4rs and the brutale R I decided for the 2nd. this was 2 weeks ago and I tell you that after having one you will want to keep it. this is the second bike in the garage and probably if by january I still want the monster then it will be the 3rd as I dont really see how can I trade the F4 or the brutale, they just make us smille!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
psst!!!... said:
I had a Brutale S. trade it for an F41000. I am the kind of people that pay 100% attention to what I have and make 100% fun of it but when i decide to trade I just decide and dont look back.
This was until I trde the brutale.
I still have the F4 but between the monter s4rs and the brutale R I decided for the 2nd. this was 2 weeks ago and I tell you that after having one you will want to keep it. this is the second bike in the garage and probably if by january I still want the monster then it will be the 3rd as I dont really see how can I trade the F4 or the brutale, they just make us smille!
Didn't knew you got the Brutale R.
Congrats.

·
Registered
77 Posts
exactly. i cant stop grinning when im in my garage.

the s4rs is definately no slouch, but the build quality and lines of the mv are far more refined. i think i equate my duc620 as my "feisty lil quarterhorse" and the mv as a "dressage/sporthorse".

·
Registered
473 Posts
Thanks tiago, just bought it.. I am on holidays this week.
So we must organize a tour with Ducati people on the North so we can all meet!

It was difficult to decide between the 2. But a friend bought the S4rs and I tried, it is fantastic but the MV has a far better "chassis". Is mouch more stable. This doesnt mean I will never get a monster, it is not the time yet!

MV-999R said:
Didn't knew you got the Brutale R.
Congrats.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
psst!!!... said:
Thanks tiago, just bought it.. I am on holidays this week.
So we must organize a tour with Ducati people on the North so we can all meet!

It was difficult to decide between the 2. But a friend bought the S4rs and I tried, it is fantastic but the MV has a far better "chassis". Is mouch more stable. This doesnt mean I will never get a monster, it is not the time yet!
I think you made the right choice ;)

Yeah, we'll have to organize something like that one of this days.
Too bad it's supposed to rain this weekend (especially up there) or i might attend that track course at Braga.

Maybe you can come to Estoril on the 5th of Oct. for the endurance race?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Koop said:
I'm new to this forum. I'm a moto-nut and a confirmed Italio-phile. I've been riding since my teens and have always lusted for Ducati's. My budget dictated that I always roadraced Suzuki's. My roadracing days ended a few years ago.

Currently my wife and I ride new Moto Guzzi Brevas, but I still have the need for speed and the exotic Italian stuff. I've been looking at the Ducati Sport Classics and Monsters, but yesterday I saw the Brutale 910R and last night I was barely been able to sleep.

I know this is asking the fans about the home team, but tell me - am I nuts to deplete my finances on a 910R? It'll be a second bike, one to ride when I'm feeling sporty - the Breva 1100 is my practical bike (if an Italian bike can be called practical).
BUY IT!! :stickpoke :stickpoke :stickpoke

·
Registered
796 Posts
fazer6 said:
I like the Griso :toothless:

yeah i recently visited a ducati/moto guzzi dealer and they had 2 griso's and a couple of breva's.the griso looks spectacular but i also liked the breva especially the headlight and the huge mass of that fuel tank.they both had that combination of old and new and also a certain presence thanks to the engine.and the griso looks barking mad..in a good way :D :naughty: .out here in europe they re pretty reasonable..the 1100 cc griso is around 14000 $ with vat and 1100 cc breva is a 1000-1500 less.u should really check out the 1200 norge which is a very nice touring machine and quite cheap..it has been voted best in it s class i think

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the reponses. I'm going to the dealership today to have another look...maybe strike a deal. I'm getting feverish just thinking about it. :crazyeyes

1 - 20 of 20 Posts