rate my bike

4K views 40 replies 23 participants last post by  Randarosa 
#1 ·
took some pics

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks great!

+1 on the sticker, its a bit big and a smaller one on the front guard would possibly look nicer. IMHO

Have you thought about gold wheels? For some reason it looks like the perfect candidate! (perhaps because it would match the rear sets (?))

Well done, nice to see someone making it their own.

#5 ·
I'm always mystified when I see people who have cut massive holes in fairings, then install what look like skateboard wheels sticking out 4" or so --- all to keep from "ruining" the fairing ... :wtf:

#6 · (Edited)
the sliders are there as "sacrificial" protection the save the frame, not the fairing. cant tell from the photo but if those are carbon fairings that you've cut the hole through though, then you need your head checked.

Rate My Bike
you asked for our opinions and i'd say most people are "traditionalists" so be ready to cop some flack.

[talking about the bike now] did you do it yourself?
the problem with this sort of this is that because it takes a bit of time to get together, and you order the parts separately, everyone just kind of throws it all on because they've spent money on it. i think you need to take 3 steps back and chech the "vibe" of the bike (oh man am i channeling that art's student within today)

i'd give it about a 9/10 for effort but 5/10 for results

IMHO this is what you need to fix:
1) tinted/blacked out headlight- Are you serious? :green: match you indicators and go clear

2) the sticker on the front screen- the design of the f4 is about function and elegance, not bold blaring statements - so yeah i'd shrink the sticker by about 50%

3) your blacks (and maybe reds as-well) don't match - I'm not sure if it's just the camera on the reds, but you defiantly have 3 different shades of black there - seat, side panals and above the stripe, below the stripe - even if one of then is carbon weave not black paint, it doesn't look quite right

4) composition. this are art "rules" for what is aesthetically pleasing (aka. looks good, what happens when you let engineers loose on art)- they don't always work but are definatly a good used as a guide - sometimes you just can't fix crappy art

general rule of thumb for a bike, "light" colours over "heavy" colours (dark) - have a look at all of the stock MV f4 colour patterns and this is always the case

this is where your blacks are letting you down. the top one looks heavier than the bottom.
now that belly pan is ok because it is fairly separate from the rest of the red, but the stripe area is conflicting and distracts from the bike.

as you've broken the the light/dark composition rule i'd try adding a black area on top of the tail (similar to the red section on the tail of colin's "challenge 2" see beow)

This extra black should bring you close to one of the other composition rules (2 thirds / 1 third )you'll be about 2 thirds black/1 third red

other things you could do, after fixing the above, you could do to Improve it:

1) if you can afford it, swap you rims out with with the magnesium ones, the colour will accentuate your foot pegs

2) match your bar-ends, levers and rear-sets - don't go overboard but just a couple of matching parts works together

anyway you asked for my opinion.... and next time don't post it 4 times

#14 ·
Bike is painted: 5pts
Bike is painted wrong color: -20pts

Bike has frame sliders: 5pts
Bike with frame sliders also has reflectors on fender: -20pts
Bike with frame sliders has tires which aren't shagged to edges: -50pts

Bike has rear sets: 5pts
Rear sets are ghetto-gold: -25pts

Bike has windscreen: 5pts
Windscreen is smoked like windows on crackmobile: -25 pts

Bike windscreen has decal: -5pts
Bike windscreen has THAT decal: -25pts

Bike has aftermarket exhaust: 10pts
Aftermarket exhaust has FBF stickers ala Ducati Monster 620: -40pts

Bike is an MV: 50 pts
Bike is not a Brutale: -100pts

Tough crowd. Tough crowd.

Seriously, this ain't "The View." No need to discuss feelings. If YOU like it, THAT is what counts. Now go and shag those tires. (And trade it in on a Brutie!) :brutale::brutale::brutale:

#15 ·
Bike is painted: 5pts
Bike is painted wrong color: -20pts

Bike has frame sliders: 5pts
Bike with frame sliders also has reflectors on fender: -20pts
Bike with frame sliders has tires which aren't shagged to edges: -50pts

Bike has rear sets: 5pts
Rear sets are ghetto-gold: -25pts

Bike has windscreen: 5pts
Windscreen is smoked like windows on crackmobile: -25 pts

Bike windscreen has decal: -5pts
Bike windscreen has THAT decal: -25pts

Bike has aftermarket exhaust: 10pts
Aftermarket exhaust has FBF stickers ala Ducati Monster 620: -40pts

Bike is an MV: 50 pts
Bike is not a Brutale: -100pts

Tough crowd. Tough crowd.

Seriously, this ain't "The View." No need to discuss feelings. If YOU like it, THAT is what counts. Now go and shag those tires. (And trade it in on a Brutie!) :brutale::brutale::brutale:
:)

#24 ·
Ya think? :wtf: Once again Crashabit's dead on! :)

#38 ·
Send me your boss' email and phone number Dave. I can help you with being bored at work......:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.