MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this weekend we were treated by a 65 degree day, and even though the threat of showers loomed i brought out the MV for a little drug fix. now normally for a seasons "first ride", i really just try to take it easy. mainly due to shaking off winter rust and cold streets. well, there were quite a few bikes out and i went to my fav little backroads and main roads and i just have to say the MV is incredible. i've been on a high for 2 days on just how fantastic this bike is. i only have a lowly evo2 :) with RG3 and PCIII (which needs a remap) and the cold air was giving me power wheelies and plenty of backfire. hahaha. but when it came to the twisties, i felt invincible.

i don't like to use that word or even feel like that because i tend to believe that when you get that comfortable or cocky, you tend to lose respect and lose control, but man what a rush. they really engineered this bike so that you feel one with it. i don't know if it's the riding position, the 49mm fat forks, the 165 tire, the trellis frame or what but the bike could do no wrong and it allowed me to correct whatever wrongs i did. i was fogging up my helmet everytime i screamed "oh HELL YEAH" inside of it. and the pilot powers were holding up where others complained of their tires being cold. i felt like i was leaning over like summertime. whenever we pulled over, people would ask is it all it's cracked up to be...then after a quick lap on this little "circuit" road, they would say how they had never seen anything lean like that and how the bike must handle. naw, i don't need any credit...give it all to the MV! :wtf:

i can't find anything to say bad about this bike, except maybe backfiring, but only those behind me had to deal with flames shooting at them. :) i don't think there is any other sportsbike for me. the MV has stolen my heart again and it's dead of winter. wow! i can't wait to get on the track this season!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Nice to see you're enjoying the MV. I know that feeling and love it.

Just take care so you don't really start to feel invincible often ;)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Great read, my God how I'm glad I live in Sub Tropics of Australia..... don't have to negotiate with the weather on weekends...the sun is always shining!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
agusta01 said:
Great read, my God how I'm glad I live in Sub Tropics of Australia..... don't have to negotiate with the weather on weekends...the sun is always shining!
Except when it shines too hard... :)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I agree with Gladio. It's not snowing here in the UK but it's bl**dy cold and damp. If someone would be kind enough to give me next week's winning lottery ticket I'll buy that villa in the southern States, OZ or South Africa together with a selection of MV's and a large fridge for the beer! :blah:

Yes, I know what you're thinking. Dream on john :zzz:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
can't argue with that...but at least sweaty leathers beats snow, sleet, and no sun and ultimatly no ride aka our european and north american friends!!

And we have Mount Glorious and Mount Mee....the best twistys in the world...well maybe Australia... :)

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Velocemoto said:
Great read Style...an artist, and a wordsmith?
:)
as i'm sure you know most creative types are renaissance peoples. we do it all good...including riding MV's. :)

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Queensland is too humid in Summer....full leathers,sticky.
I am also fortunate enough to do 95% of my commute with motorcycles all year, and my favorite season to ride is spring and winter here in Southern California, although it's not terribly humid here the summer, it is still a bit hot for the full leather (which I wear at all times in this dangerous california traffic), and certainly TOO hot for tracks in the area since they are all further inland in the desert area... 90-110 degrees F.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
:grin: You Aussies are just showing off now!

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Style, how you going to go out to stretch your MV's legs without giving me a call to join you! You know i jump at any chance to come run the twisties!!!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Velocemoto said:
...haven't ridden the Great Ocean road then :)
Highway one in California and some interesting roads in South Africa and of course Europe, but sadly not on the MV. Not yet anyway. But then of course we have that little track in Juan's backyard, :p all 37 plus miles and my local track at Oliver's mount. Scarborough where Phil Read and Ago used to wake up the locals on the 500/4 fire engines. So life's not so bad here after all! :)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
The TT course is a bit cold just now..... soon be warming up tho, and they have not as of yet put a bloody speed limit on it...... :blah:

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Greeneggs&ham said:
Style, how you going to go out to stretch your MV's legs without giving me a call to join you! You know i jump at any chance to come run the twisties!!!
sorry about that. i didn't think i was going to be able to make it. it was equivalent to riding around the block...so it wasn't a ride anywhere close to the one we did that day on rt.33. i'll let you know the next time, but i don't live all that close by. you heard from ray?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts