MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
radskeyboard said:
how many miles could i get from one tank of gas if i wasn't pushing it too hard on a brutale 750s?
The fuel light will probably com one around 90-95 miles. I have run out just commuting at 110 miles.

Matt.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm. i just upgraded to one from a hornet. i meant to get something more practical for commuting because the range on the honda was only 100 miles!!... the brutale's probably not the best choice but after the test ride i stopped worrying about the commute and just bought it :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
radskeyboard said:
hmmm. i just upgraded to one from a hornet. i meant to get something more practical for commuting because the range on the honda was only 100 miles!!... the brutale's probably not the best choice but after the test ride i stopped worrying about the commute and just bought it :)
There is a fuel chip floating around that will help. From memory I gained an extra 10% range. Full touring I ran out at 148 miles with the new chip so it all comes down to how hard you ride it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yep, fuel mileage sucks, but as someone once said to me, "Would you buy a ferrari and complain about the mileage?" I really had no reply. Oddly enough, my big brother has the F4 1000 and gets slightly better mileage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jumping in

Hello to all. I'm just jumping in here with no particular aim, except that I am overjoyed to find the site. I ride an 1100S BMW at present, but I'm first in line here locally when the 910 comes, so I hope to be one of you really discriminating riders/owners soon. Sorry to crash your thread with no fuel light input - best I can contribute there is that I had the same prob on my beemer and ended up with a whole new instrument cluster and zero miles at no cost - pretty good deal.
Anyhow, I want to commend our host, whomever you are, for a most excellent website. I'm delighted to be here. If any of you have advice for me regarding my intended purchase, please let me know. I have ridden the 750 Brutale and loved everything about it - beyond a doubt (my doubt, anyway)the prettiest looking and sounding bike on the market. I just hope the sound and character of the ride won't change with the extra grunt and lower revs. If a test ride doesn't inspire me like the 750 did, I'll just save a few bucks, and get it instead. (did I mention I like the sound?)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've been getting about 125 out of a tank while on the break in period. i am at 3500-7000 feet of elevation. and would expect mileage to increase as miles are put on the bike.

just stop to fill up a little more often and it gives everyone a chance to drool a bit!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts