MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

The 2018 Dragster RR has a US 4.4 gallon tank, and I think averages 30-35 miles/gallon. Hence, one would calculate range at 130-150 miles under "normal" riding conditions.

With distances between gas stations here in parts of Texas often long, I tend to be cautious. Currently I stop and fuel before 100 miles on the trip odometer. However, I wonder if I can extend that range? Any thoughts?

Does anyone have any "rules of thumb" based on riding their Dragster on mileage range before the low fuel light comes on? And when the light is on, how many miles are left ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Literally, YMMV on this one.

So many factors affect fuel tank range. Tyres, mapping, engine temp, ambient temp, ride style, ride route, exhaust etc to name a few.

It's better that you just trial and error this for yourself, but in a safe way.

Whenever you go to fill up from reserve, note how much mileage you did and observe how much it takes to fill the tank. That way you will eventually know how far you can stretch.

Kag

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Tried finding the Euro 3 dragster techsheet.
Coudnt find it, but expect to have 4 liters left when your gas light comes on.

And if you have a euro4 the techsheet says 16,5 liters fuel tank.
Roughly 6,7 liters used per 100 kilometers.
Doesnt say how much reserve liters.

And you can do the method as mentioned above.

Or go full extreme mode. Buy a jerrycan fill it up with 1 gallon..bring it along till you run out of gas xD

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Tried finding the Euro 3 dragster techsheet.
Coudnt find it, but expect to have 4 liters left when your gas light comes on.

And if you have a euro4 the techsheet says 16,5 liters fuel tank.
Roughly 6,7 liters used per 100 kilometers.
Doesnt say how much reserve liters.

And you can do the method as mentioned above.

Or go full extreme mode. Buy a jerrycan fill it up with 1 gallon..bring it along till you run out of gas xD

Yes.........But how far would 1 gallon get you?:wink2: >:):grin2:

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Yes.........But how far would 1 gallon get you?:wink2: >:):grin2:
100km devided by 6.7liters = 14.9km to the liter.
So 1 liter of fuel can get you up to 14.9km. 1 gallon = 3.7 liters.
14.9km x 3.7 = 55.13km.

55.13km = 34.4 miles
conclusion 34.4 miles of range per gallon.

:grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for thoughts, pretty much I knew the answer, but others might have figured out the true reserve volume after light. I tend to vary my riding style from very smooth, low RPM to "aggressive". My previous bikes gave YMMV: a Kawasaki EX500 that had a very non-linear tank design so warning light meant about 5 miles of range left--but slosh the tank and ten more miles-- and almost stranded me twice. My Triumph 675 STRX had an actual fuel gauge, and it was very accurate and the bike got more miles/gallon than my MV. Moto Guzzi V7 Special sips fuel and big tank, so 200 mile range.

The issue is riding Texas roads with 50 miles between gas stops. Hence, it pays to be aware of bike fuel mileage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts