MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi MV community,

first of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Thomas - I am living in Austria and bought a F4 1000 S from 2005 a couple of months ago.

On my 2nd drive with the bike I blew up a fuse when turning the key to the "on" position (the main switch one - 7.5A). Changed it - fine again. A couple of weeks later the same one popped again. (again just after turning the bike off for a minute or two to take pictures and when I turned it back on....well you guess what happened).

I started to look into it but could not find anything that leads me to the conclusion that this is a common issue among F4 1000 or 750. (please correct me if I am wrong)

After the second change the bike has run fine until last week. First after a short stop at a gas station I blew up two fuses (starter relais and position lights /speed sensor). And on a second drive last week the position lights / speed sensor one popped again. Again after sitting there for a while.

It has never happened to me when I am in the garage at home. Always warm up condition of the bike.

Summary:
I have blown 3 different (!) fuses when turning on the ignition after a short stop.

Do you have any ideas what could cause the issue(s) or have experienced the same? (Building a new harness does not count as a solution :))

Cheers

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Resistance increases with heat, that's probably why they only pop after the bike is warm. If you've gotten the manuals, then try cleaning the connectors and grounds following the electrical diagram for the blown fuses. Could just be corroded connectors/grounds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts