MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any way to raise the rear of the bike to give it a bit more of an aggressive profile? if so, how would this change riding dynamics?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Triple Seven said:
any way to raise the rear of the bike to give it a bit more of an aggressive profile? if so, how would this change riding dynamics?
You have a ride height adjuster out back. It's usually set in the middle from factory. Just be ready for quicker than normal turn in.

·
Registered
434 Posts
brutal2dmax said:
Just be ready for quicker than normal turn in.
Unless you raise the front ones as well, in that case, you loose that aggressive look you're looking for. Anyway, I'm not particulary pro-changing the symetry and dynamics of the bike. Just my oppinion....

·
Registered
104 Posts
FERROMAN said:
Unless you raise the front ones as well, in that case, you loose that aggressive look you're looking for. Anyway, I'm not particulary pro-changing the symetry and dynamics of the bike. Just my oppinion....
That's right. I raised a 916 only 5mm and it made a huge difference in turn in but did not make the bike look much different. In order to get the look you're looking for, I also think the geometry will be out of whack.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My rear is lifted 3mm and the spring preload of the fork i s also adjusted. So now the bike is slightly more at its nose. It's a big difference but it also makes the bike more nerveous.

·
Registered
431 Posts
If you're after a more aggressive profile, may I suggest ordering a set of these:

http://www.suburban-machinery.com/ducati2.html

You can order them w/o the Ducati holes. Of course, you'll have to tap some new locator holes, yourself, but that shouldn't be too difficult. I'm still contemplating doing this, myself. If the bars were $50 I'd try it and see how I liked it...but at $170 it's harder to justify.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I raised my the rear of my b4 750 alot. Im not sure if you can tell by looking at the pictures, but I have many if you would like to compare to your own bike. The bike turned very quickly. It took some getting used to at first though. I haven't set up my 910 as I've been very busy. When I do, I will raise the back again as well. I initially raised my bike to suit my height. The faster turn in was a plus for me ( I wasnt thinking that far ahead before altering it ).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts