MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a day to pick up a new bike.... It was PISSING down as I left work to ride home, to meet my wife, to take the car down to collect the 'new' bike.

2008 910R "Wally" No 9

Pics are a bit crappy due to the weather but here they are for now :

·
Registered
121 Posts
Oh for rain, were experiencing another heat wave in WA, your newbe looks fantastic all in black! Congrats.

·
Vendor
5,359 Posts
Congratulations Richard on the new bike.When I bought my new 1078 F4, it started to rain as I just got home and it poured for a week Ahh.You might be getting the bad weather we had up here last weekend:banghead:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations Richard on the new bike.When I bought my new 1078 F4, it started to rain as I just got home and it poured for a week Ahh.You might be getting the bad weather we had up here last weekend:banghead:
Mitch, we had the rain last weekend+Monday, nearly 200mm I think it was. Today's effort is a pultry 30mm and it's NOT going to rain all weekend, I have to get the roof on tomorrow and ride on Sunday:brutale:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh for rain, were experiencing another heat wave in WA, your newbe looks fantastic all in black! Congrats.
You are welcome to our rain Mark ! And if you ever decide to sell that 1090RR please let me know, I had decided to buy one in those colours but left it too late and no more available :bawling:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Well done mate. Hopefully the rain will relent for our ride on Sunday.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You are welcome to our rain Mark ! And if you ever decide to sell that 1090RR please let me know, I had decided to buy one in those colours but left it too late and no more available :bawling:
Richard I can't see myself selling in the near future but will defiantly let you know if I do, after 5 Ducati's and 6 Guzzi's over the years I'm firmly converted to a four cylinder!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Richard I can't see myself selling in the near future but will defiantly let you know if I do, after 5 Ducati's and 6 Guzzi's over the years I'm firmly converted to a four cylinder!
No worries, I won't be buying any time too soon.

Mick, the rain has stoppped, sky is getting brighter ....

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
rsawkins;586316 Mick said:
There will be lots of debris on the roads...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well one week in, one ride at the weekend, 3 days riding to work, what do we know (compared to my old 750) :

The clutch is so HEAVY, my left wrist is going to be as big as my right after another week of riding this thing 2 hours a day :jerkoff: Time for another Oberon slave me thinks.

The two fans certainly work, my plums are now both cooked not just the right one. Temp has yet to be north of 100C and I'd say usually 10 below what the 750 would be in same conditions.

220km until the reserve light comes on! way better than the 750 :wtf:

In traffic it sucks balls, see above re fans, clutch and also the on/off throttle jerkiness is horrid. I'll adjust the throttle cables and see if that helps as there is some slop currently.

Suspension is much better ( softer rear spring) though still rather firm for the roads we have here, will adjust damping to soft and see if that helps.

Stock footpegs are shite. More Oberons to be ordered...

Stock mirrors suck, Rimoza also on the list of bits to get again.

Front wheel needs balancing properly.

Probably going to need some heavy bars end, vibes are horrible a cruising speed - fine below and not too bad above but as luck would have worst point seems to be at an indicated 120km/h... hopefully some if it will go with a decent wheel balance.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hey Rich, I see your getting to grips with your 910R!! I didnt think the clutch was that bad but then again I do need 2 hands:jerkoff: lol. Speak to Scotty about the throttle, there is a spring on the left hand side that can be un hoooked that makes the throttle easier to crack open from closed and makes the throttles a little lighter to use.

Also for the bars, I had a set of Motivation bar ends and they made a big difference, but when i swapped to the Ducati S4R bars they are a lot heavier than the Brutes ones and made even more of difference to dampen the vibes, also a Power Commander will smooth things out.
You then if your lucky have a 910R half as good as mine was lol

James

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
James, I remember you mentioned the bar ends before, where does one get hold of those ?

Did your 910 take a PCIII ?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hey Rich, yeah mine took a PCIII as it didn't have the O2 sensor in the zorst. The bar ends were from site sponsor Motivation in the US.

James

1 - 19 of 19 Posts