MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going 20 miles an hour up a rain slick foggy mountain actually is very spiritually enjoyable. It even beats my times in this, sort of :

and saw this little guy at the shop, super rare moded 998R, actually the only one i know of here :

·
Registered
922 Posts
Thanks for the pix, johnsk6. Wish we had that road/hill in Singapore. I love hills -- so much cooler than tropical sea level. Looks like you went solo.

Speaking of hills, I did solo to Frasers Hill in Malaysia a week ago and it was dry but still slow going -- hairpins and erosion debris, and a couple of cars driven by ladies in front of me. I pulled over and waited for 10 minutes for them to make some progress and cos the brute was showing high temps. The road up is so narrow it's one way -- so there's another one to go down. I did it in the wet last year and I didn't trust the brute not to spin out.

Funny you should post the duc. I was dreaming of the 998 over the weekend. God only knows why...I don't need another toy around here.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
atleast u are closer to sepang than i am.
about the 998, it is true that newer bikes are always better, especially with the italians. u do not want to deal with the ergos and everything else, it actually look very tiny too. I never rode one, but im sure it is just OK.

dearpixel said:
Thanks for the pix, johnsk6. Wish we had that road/hill in Singapore. I love hills -- so much cooler than tropical sea level. Looks like you went solo.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sure, i'll ask him to be at the shop when u're here.
after seeing the 1098, the old ducs really dont do it any more.

admin said:
Damn, since you know the guys, hook it up with the 998R! I'd love that!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts