MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a note of praise for MV. Rode my 2018 Dragster RR to an old guys motorcycle meet up breakfast here on the Gulf Coast of TX. Got hit with rain, nothing intense, but enough to make roads really slick. So, I switched to Rain mode. Given the high power to weight ratio of this bike, I found the Rain mode to work beautifully. Careful and smooth of course, and be aware of brakes not "normal". High beams for extra visibility. Kudos on this safety feature. Overall the bike handles wonderful in rain. Wow is it dirty though. Cooling off, then I will clean thoroughly. No hose though. Also washing my riding gear.

·
Registered
463 Posts
New improved Drag

Just a note of praise for MV.....
Rain map can also be very useful in slow packed city trafic.

MV improved the map selector.
On the Turislow 'twas already harder to change map on the fly.

Now the engine map button is far.
Makes it hard to reach, even with an extra long horny bonobo thumb.

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Saw,

Too late, already cleaned her up after pipes cooled. Good idea using Rain mode in dense traffic, makes sense. In this part of Texas, to ride a motorcycle means to ride in rain. The pop up, intense, downpours with lightning and high wind are dangerous.
This event was less dramatic, no need to find an overpass to duck under.

The Dragster is a wonderful machine.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Top tip Arcimboldo

'Rain map can also be very useful in slow packed city trafic'......genious, that. I will have to try that.......if I remember :grin2:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far I have not tried "sport" mode... "Normal" is plenty for this old guy...

·
Registered
122 Posts
High beams for extra visibility. .

Oh please... Really?
You are plenty visible with normal headlights. High beams will just make everyone hate you, including other motorcyclists.

As for rain mode, I actually use rain mode throttle response all the time in custom setup with sport/quick engine response. That's the setup I've had best luck with to balance a decent responsive feeling while not being too violent on the throttle which causes jerking.
Engine response in rain mode is a no-go for me. It's like everything you do with the throttle is just delayed by 1-2 seconds.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
High beam to see road better is correct: maxed out humidity/foggy/misty/lots traffic/speeds around 60 mph. Also high beam makes bike more visible. Win all around, and best riding practice on roads with LOTS of trucks and left turn cagers. Safety first.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Lead, Kindly Light

High beam to see road better is correct...
Around here Yurp
not dipping your lights against traffic is a driving offense.

Besides when the irate SUV or truck driver will retaliate with an angry blast of all his lumens
trashing your vision.
The puny candle on the motorcycle won't do no good to you.

:grin2: Sport map versus Rain map or Custom

A colleague tested my bike almost ten years ago.

I told him that the maps were first letters for Engrish words
N is N(ormal easy to grasp.
R is for R(ace >:), use it only when you're flogging the fiery engine.
S is for S(afe :wink2: beginner map mode, to start safe and slow.

Guy rides his merry way.

Comes back.

Ok
this makes a difference
Fail to see why anyone would bother with N or S maps
bike feels winded, asthmatic, castrated :blah:

R(ace is the map.

Some times later :eek: he heard the truth about the last letters of the words.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sport mode all day everyday for me lol....

Rain mode was cool for me on day 1, but once I went to sport, I never looked back
+1 my mode equals the twist of my wrist.

If you’re not in sport mode all the time I question your ability to ride a motorcycle. It’s nothing personal I just feel as a rider you should be able to control your bike at full power and that requires intimately knowing your bike and how your body interacts with it including but not limited to wrist/throttle control.

When I first got the bike I thought something was wrong. It rode like a bucking broncho. Figured out it was my wrist control and quickly fixed it. Letting your arms be the shocks between your torso and the handlebars really took the bite out of it and now it’s smooth riding. I’d suggest trying sport mode and learning how the bike was designed to be ridden imo.

·
Registered
210 Posts
set up;
Sport
ABS - 1
TC - 3

I ride the bike with that set up full stop, regardless of weather, I changed to rain mode once and it was shocking, had to stop and change it back to Sport.

I am very happy with my brutale 1078 and it has no options suck as ABS, TC, or mapping, same as my F4's previous and the bikes before that, just wish MV would re-produce the 2003 - 2010 F4's again, I would buy one, come on mv, do this instead of running a 350 - 500cc production line.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Around here Yurp
not dipping your lights against traffic is a driving offense.

Besides when the irate SUV or truck driver will retaliate with an angry blast of all his lumens
trashing your vision.
The puny candle on the motorcycle won't do no good to you.

What he said. For rider visibility yes, but turn them off when riding behind someone or meeting traffic. High beams on all the time is obnoxious, NOT best practice.

Reactions: SAROY

·
Registered
463 Posts
"Wow Cory, you have small hands!" (c)

... changed to rain mode once and it was shocking, had to stop and change it back to Sport....
Some of us can change map on the fly.
And do.

Sometimes riding in bumper to bumper traffic
or chugging along with pals riding Ural or Dniepr rigs
Rain engine map makes sense.

Riding a cycle with no ABS no TC and no whatever Helferlein
and not being able to use the options build in your bike :nerd2:

in short riding into the past
is for senile doddering old codgers ..."The older I get the faster I was"

·
Registered
210 Posts
Some of us can change map on the fly.
And do.

"

Then your eye sight is better than mine, I need specs for reading now, especially with the dragster clock display.

But, then again I do not need to change map settings now, as the Dragster is very capable of being ridden in Sport mode in any circumstance, whether it be rain, snow, city traffic or what ever.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Telecare our online friend

But, then again I do not need to change map settings now, as the Dragster is very capable of being ridden...
Well played Sir!

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night..."

I, myself, have no need for quick-shifter or lower gears
as the Dragster and me are very capable in 6th gear,
the only gear I ever use.

BTW
Have been told that the doctor mirabilis R. Bacon unveiled some astute discovery.
Could be available online up north.

SEE (spreading two fingers on the screen makes words bigger) more info here

1 - 18 of 18 Posts