MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered how many folks on here have fitted this modification.
Obviously there must be an issue with the rad for someone to produce the upgrade bracket support.
Is there a particular mileage that the fatigue starts, or age of bike.
Or is it just a precaution...just in case.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plenty of MV owners round this part of the woods have never heard of such an item. Just happened to spot one for sale on ebay.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apologies for posting this thread over again. Just found a similar post back a few months. :nerd: Got one on order via ebay, from a senior member on here methinks

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
My radiator sprung a leak at around 50,000 kms (fluid visible from left side fairing vents). The radiator was repaired and a support bracket fitted. As I understand it, there is limited support on the left side and ,with time, vibrations from riding can result in a leak. The bracket is a preventative measure both pre and post leak. The bike was a F4 EVO3.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
My radiator sprung a leak at around 50,000 kms (fluid visible from left side fairing vents). The radiator was repaired and a support bracket fitted. As I understand it, there is limited support on the left side and ,with time, vibrations from riding can result in a leak. The bracket is a preventative measure both pre and post leak. The bike was a F4 EVO3.
The problem is the weight of the rads ( filled with fluid remember ) is suspended by the top left edge of the radiator and this causes the top gallery to sag and deform and then crack.

The radiator bracket transfers the weight away from the top edge of the rad and directly to the frame lug..It acts as a " stress member".

The right side of the rad seldom gives trouble. This is because there is a fan on that side and it's associated bracketry performs nicely as a "stress member" on that side.

and yes guys it is me :)

Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem is the weight of the rads ( filled with fluid remember ) is suspended by the top left edge of the radiator and this causes the top gallery to sag and deform and then crack.

The radiator bracket transfers the weight away from the top edge of the rad and directly to the frame lug..It acts as a " stress member".

The right side of the rad seldom gives trouble. This is because there is a fan on that side and it's associated bracketry performs nicely as a "stress member" on that side.

and yes guys it is me :)

Joe
Good job there is a not so distant supplier of the said bracket...just in case. One Shrewsbury member waiting for his bracket :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the swift delivery of the rad bracket Joe.
Please enlighten me as to where the seals that were enclosed fit.
Hope that doesnt sound too dumb a question

1 - 20 of 21 Posts